• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Derailment at Plumstead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idiotic

Hi all

Just on the Charing X to Gillingham train. The drivers announced that there has been a derailment at Plumstead and we have been diverted via Eltham instead of Woolwich A. Anyone heard much on this?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Southern

Guessing you were on the 1339 ex-Charing Cross, shown as diverted Lewisham - Dartford with an addtional call at Eltham. Southeastern website is showing "train fault" which is showing as the reason for 8 other delays/cancellations. Broken down train also showing as cause of further disruption between Hither Green - Lee.

blakey1152

I must have just escaped it all!

I was on the 1353 from Woolwich Arsenal towards Slade Green and the only delay was about a 3 minute wait at Plumstead (no announcement from the driver as to what the delay was)

I did notice on the departure board at Woolwich Arsenal that there were a few delays and a couple of cancellations - including a Gillingham service.

Chris

Class377/5

Established Member
Strangely I've just got a message on our system showing a track circuit problem on the down at Plumstead that happened around 1230. Trains were diverted via Bexleyheath as a result.

There was a train trapped in sidings however.

Seems driver got it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.