Derailment @ Worcester Shrub Hill

Discussion in 'UK Railway Discussion' started by BestWestern, 9 Aug 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BestWestern

BestWestern Established Member

If anybody happens to be in the area, any disruption taking place at Shrub Hill this morning is apparently due to 5W75 having derailed over points on shunting into the sidings to stable last night. Main lines not blocked, but one train is allowed past the site at a time at 5mph. Today's 1P07, 05.11 Worcester - Pad was caped, presumably formed by the affected set. No info on the damage, but hopefully not too severe.

2. Class172

Class172 Established Member Quizmaster

Do you know which side of the station the incident occurred? Luckily, most LM services seem to be unaffected and are running on time.

3. BestWestern

BestWestern Established Member

I don't, but would presume the Bristol end as I understand that is the usual shunt move. I could be wrong though.

4. High Dyke

High Dyke Established Member

Information suggests 62 points (the precise location means nothing to me).

The power car affected (43189) is close to the Up main. but not directly impeding it - hence trains cautioned passed at 5mph. The BRUFF from Toton was on its way.

5. tsr

tsr Established Member

Between the yellow line and the white line, probab
    I have heard initial reports that there have been no injuries, largely due to the slow speed of shunting.

6. pinguini

pinguini Member

I travel from Worcester daily for work. Fortunately today is my day off so I'm glad personally it hasn't affected me. But it looks (from NRE) like theyre busing people to Cheltenham and Evesham. It sounds like it is on the Southern end of the station, so the London Midland (Birmingham bound) services should't be affected.

7. Class172

What time do you commute usually? — we may have crossed paths a few times before.

8. pinguini

pinguini Member

It depends where I'm working. You'll sometimes find me on the 0708 Shrub Hill to Cheltenham, the 0758 or 0811 Foregate Street to Great Malvern or the 0824 Foregate Street to Bromsgrove. I've been in Bromsgrove this week.

9. Class172

Well I usually get into Fgt St at 0756 on the arrival from Whitlocks End, or if not at 0811 from New St. You'll only see me in school time though.

10. pinguini

pinguini Member

I often see lots of school kids arriving into Foregate at that sort of time. Possible we've passed each other on the station or outside Tesco where I usually bump into many of you lot :lol:

11. Class172

It's almost certain then, as I head down the High St towards school.

12. Tomonthetrain

Tomonthetrain Established Member

Delays from this were still being felt at about 1900hrs last night when I went to check a fare at Moor Street (I decided to bus it!)

13. Andrewlong

Andrewlong Member

I was visiting Worcester Shrub Hill on Thursday so missed derailment by a day. Station has fantastic semaphore signals and the toilets were very modern and clean too!

14. Llanigraham

Llanigraham Established Member

And today they suffered from the cable fairies in the area!!

15. pinguini

pinguini Member

This was in the Kidderminister region, so although there were knock-on effects in Worcester, it wasn't exactly in the Worcester area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.