• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DfT e-mails leaked to Lisa Nandy MP

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
Care to give some examples of such journeys? Victoria is now the best station to go to for North TPE connections and it already was the best station to go to for connections to Halifax, Bradford, Blackburn etc. Going to the Chester, North Wales, West Midlands, Scotland, or South from Southport doesn't require you to travel via Manchester. That leaves the airport, Sheffield and part of the East Midlands - all places which can be reached with one change at Liverpool South Parkway, even if you still travel via Piccadilly.

Just my regular journey between Southport and Hereford is what I had in mind. It’s an option lost since the new timetable.

I don’t like changing at Crewe if it’s avoidable because it’s sometimes hard to get a seat, especially if it’s a 2-coacher, so prefer to get on at the start at Picc.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pemma

Veteran Member
Just my regular journey between Southport and Hereford is what I had in mind. It’s an option lost since the new timetable.

I don’t like changing at Crewe if it’s avoidable because it’s sometimes hard to get a seat, especially if it’s a 2-coacher, so prefer to get on at the start at Picc.

I forgot about the Manchester to Cardiff service but there will be a new Liverpool to Cardiff service introduced in a couple of years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.