• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Diagrams for Class 317 please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm planning goin to london for a day out on my favorite train Class 317.
Could someone give me class 317 diagrams on Kings Cross - Peterbourgh, Liverpool Street - Cambridge SEMI FAST and any other fast lines please
Would help for me to make my plans for a day out on the trains I love :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bnsf734

The UKModernEMU yahoo group is your best bet for the 317 diagrams. They usually gather most diagrams during the course of a timetable. They are all downloadable by members.

The 317 diagrams are there in the files section, but you will need to join the group first to see them. Its free!

Link here :

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UKmodernEMU/

Hope this helps

Calv

Thats fine with me I have a yahoo account Thank you :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Thanks for the link I'm sitting on a East Coast HST 1816 goin to Ediburgh planning my All Line Rover but do you a 150 run for a fast run with jointed track same as 156 Glasgow Central-Stranraer?

Established Member
Just so you know, on Saturdays when Cambridge - Liverpool Street trains are running via Stratford due to engineering work (such as tomorrow for instance), ALL Cambridge - Liverpool Street trains are booked as 8-car 317s. Glad I'm not the only 317 fan on here :)

Established Member
I feel bad for fans of 317s given the state that most of the units are in...

I really don't think they're in that bad nick to be honest, it might be because my other local units are Anglian Class 170s which are horrid even if they're in good condition, which they aren't.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
I feel bad for fans of 317s given the state that most of the units are in...

Most of the /6s are OK, the interior refurbished ones more so. The /5s (/1s to the pedants) especially have rotten, mainly unflushable, no water in the sinks, loos.

Skimble19

Established Member
FCC's 317's are slowly falling apart.. seem to be leaking as well now during the rain.

NSE

Established Member
I don't mind the subclass with the 2+2 seating and the patterned seats (purpley green) I can't recall the subclass /5 rings a bell. I dislike the rest. I prefer the 379's due to my love for the 377 :D

SprinterMan

Established Member
I don't mind the subclass with the 2+2 seating and the patterned seats (purpley green) I can't recall the subclass /5 rings a bell. I dislike the rest. I prefer the 379's due to my love for the 377 :D

You are thinking of the 317/6s. They are by far the best 317s out there. They have very good seats (unlike /6s and /8s) and they have lots of seats (unlike /7s) and they aren't fitted with the broken, annoying and dangerous inter-carriage doors that the 317/7s are fitted with either. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.