• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Difference between class 377 and 375

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sad Sprinter

Established Member
Is it me, or does the class 375 have a slightly different bodyshell to the 377? I've always thought they seemed bulkier somehow to 377s which seem more lean. Looking at the stock side by side in Ramsgate depot the other day, the two classes definitely seem distinguishable even in the same livery.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Neptune

Established Member
No difference at all physically.

The 3 car 377’s were built as 375’s but when they had the coupler changed from tightlock to dellner they reclassified them as 377 and the remainder were built as so.

375’s retained their classification when the couplers were altered.

Aictos

Established Member
Plus Class 375s don't have DOO cameras as they use platform equipment whereas the Class 377s do use onboard DOO cameras.

That's probably the biggest difference.

Fincra5

Established Member
Is it me, or does the class 375 have a slightly different bodyshell to the 377? I've always thought they seemed bulkier somehow to 377s which seem more lean. Looking at the stock side by side in Ramsgate depot the other day, the two classes definitely seem distinguishable even in the same livery.
Only thing you might see different is the DOO Camera Pods on the side of a 377 (and the Cab has DOO Monitors).

Status
Not open for further replies.