• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Different London Terminals

Status
Not open for further replies.

High Dyke

Established Member
Sorry if this question has been asked numerous times already.

This week i am intending to use the Paddington 'Parliamentary' service from South Ruislip. I know the price and the time (assuming it will run).

If i purchase an Anytime return from 'London Terminals - South Ruislip'.
RETURN FARES
SDR ANYTIME DAY R ◊ ANY PERMITTED ATOC-RSP NO £10.40 £5.20
http://www.brfares.com/#fares?orig=MYB&dest=SRU&rlc=

Can i use this to go out from Marylebone but return into Paddington?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

paddington

I'm sure you can, but why not use an Oyster?

It has run on the several times I've taken it. There are usually 3 or 4 passengers who don't look like rail enthusiasts (but I don't look like one either).

It tends to leave later than scheduled and arrive earlier than scheduled, and the train crew will keep asking you whether you know where you (or they) are going.

High Dyke

Established Member
I'm sure you can, but why not use an Oyster?

It has run on the several times I've taken it. There are usually 3 or 4 passengers who don't look like rail enthusiasts (but I don't look like one either).

It tends to leave later than scheduled and arrive earlier than scheduled, and the train crew will keep asking you whether you know where you (or they) are going.
Have done the trip before, but not for a couple of years. Still wary about using my oyster, and journey times. I purposely didn't put that i have PRIV as it only means a difference in price, but not validity; though it would make it cheaper than using Oyster.

Also had that query from traincrew when the Sinfin branch used to have a passenger service. Seemed odd departing Derby with the unit lights out...as though they didn't want anyone to notice them.

Yes, as you would in both directions be taking a through train between South Ruislip and a London Terminal
Good. :D

Thanks for the replies.

Deerfold

Veteran Member

That sounds worrying. Shouldn't the train crew know where they're going? <D

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
That sounds worrying. Shouldn't the train crew know where they're going? <D

I have experienced this too. That said I was told by the guard last time (when the train went non-stop to Gerrards Cross) that they used to get many people who get on without looking, thinking that the train stops at Ealing Broadway, only to find that it would take them 2 hours longer to get there on that train.

I guess it doesn't help that it is a Networker, and leaves from the suburban platforms at PAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.