• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Discrepancy on the National rail site

Status
Not open for further replies.

kendun

Evening folks,

I find a bit of a discrepancy on the National rail site when I search for trains Bache(BAC) in the morning. There's a ticket for a train from BON(Bolton) to MAN(Manchester Picc) at 0543 and from MAN to CTR(Chester) at 0618 if I search for trains from Bolton to Bache.

When I search for trains from MAN to BAC the 0618 option doesn't come up. Am I missing something?

I hae been commuting from BON to BAC for the past 3 weeks and I am trying out various options and this discrepancy on the site seems strange to me but not sure whether I am missing something in the search etc?

I prefer travelling from Bolton to Manchester, Manchester to Liverpool and Liverpool to Chester/Bache as I can snooze for a bit on the latter two journeys. Ideally it would be nice to have just one change with a longer journey to catch up on sleep, but that's not going to happen :

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

34D

Established Member
Evening folks,

I find a bit of a discrepancy on the National rail site when I search for trains Bache(BAC) in the morning. There's a ticket for a train from BON(Bolton) to MAN(Manchester Picc) at 0543 and from MAN to CTR(Chester) at 0618 if I search for trains from Bolton to Bache.

When I search for trains from MAN to BAC the 0618 option doesn't come up. Am I missing something?

The 06:18 from MAN (plat 11) to CTR (arrive 07:45) is 2D40 and doesn't call Bache.

There is then a 2B02 07:52 Chester to Liverpool Hamilton Sq that calls Bache 07:56 - possibly this doesn't come up because Chester requires a longer interchange time.

Another reason could be that a Manchester-Bache ticket isn't valid that way (but possibly a Bolton-Bache is). Over to others

crosscity

I'm wondering whether the NR system can't cope with two journeys where the arrival is on the same train, so has only displayed the later (faster) journey. What is strange is there is a 'Choose fastest journeys only' checkbox. Irrespective of whether it is checked or not gives the same results.

John @ home

Established Member

I don't know why National Rail Enquiries doesn't show it. East Coast does. I find that site more user-friendly. You may like to try it.

The 06:18 from MAN (plat 11) to CTR (arrive 07:45) is 2D40 and doesn't call Bache.

There is then a 2B02 07:52 Chester to Liverpool Hamilton Sq that calls Bache 07:56 - possibly this doesn't come up because Chester requires a longer interchange time.
That's not the reason. Chester's minimum connection time is 5 minutes.
Another reason could be that a Manchester-Bache ticket isn't valid that way (but possibly a Bolton-Bache is). Over to others
No, that's not the reason either. Using Chester as an appropriate Routeing Point for Bache, both Bolton - Bache and Manchester Stations - Bache journeys are Permitted on the route taken by these 3 trains using Map GM.

34D

Established Member
Status
Not open for further replies.