• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Disruption btwn Enfield Town/Cheshunt - Hackney Downs 26/7/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanFry1

Since yesterday evening just after rush hour, train services have been suspended on London Overground between Enfield/Cheshunt and Liverpool Street, with services also not calling at London Fields or Cambridge Heath. This is due to overhead line problems. Trains have been confirmed to not run for the entirety of today (27/7/18) also.

I've come into contact with OHL causing problems before, but not for lasting for over a day?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GB

Established Member
Significant amount of damage done to the OLE at Stamford Hill, about 3/4 mile affecting many OLE structures. A lot of the delay has been due to being unable to move the failed train untill this afternoon and the repair works cannot go ahead untill its moved.

AlanFry1

Significant amount of damage done to the OLE at Stamford Hill, about 3/4 mile affecting many OLE structures. A lot of the delay has been due to being unable to move the failed train untill this afternoon and the repair works cannot go ahead untill its moved.

Which train is this? I was on the 2000 from LST?

Be3G

Established Member
If TfL's service status webpage is accurate, it's disappointing to see that there's no ticket acceptance on GTR or AGA. When the Seven Sisters line frequently broke in the old days of NXEA tickets would of course be allowed on the Tottenham Hale line… and I think I recall acceptance being arranged for First to Enfield Chase too.

AlanFry1

If TfL's service status webpage is accurate, it's disappointing to see that there's no ticket acceptance on GTR or AGA. When the Seven Sisters line frequently broke in the old days of NXEA tickets would of course be allowed on the Tottenham Hale line… and I think I recall acceptance being arranged for First to Enfield Chase too.

Most passengers will travel this way or through buses anyways

VP185

Presume the failed 315 was rescued today by a Greater Anglia driver and DRS 37419

Hophead

Established Member
Most passengers will travel this way or through buses anyways

Or zonal tickets, or PAYG.....

National Rail, meanwhile, are advertising ticket acceptance on both Greater Anglia & Great Northern. For some reason, they are also permitting travel on Metrobus (based in Crawley!), though only on reasonable routes to and from Cheshunt (which is none at all).

Be3G

Established Member
Ah I'm pleased to see that there is wider ticket acceptance after all. I wonder if they meant Metroline rather than MetroBus? Metroline provide some TfL bus services so they have an ongoing relationship with TfL, and one of their routes does serve Cheshunt albeit at an inconsistent frequency (approx. 1–2bph).

In terms of ticketing, I'd have thought there're a fair few people who work within walking distance of Liverpool Street who just have point-to-point NR seasons.

Sleepy

Established Member
In terms of ticketing, I'd have thought there're a fair few people who work within walking distance of Liverpool Street who just have point-to-point NR seasons.
Tfl like to pretend everyone uses oyster /contactless and would love to get rid of NR paper tickets.

WeGoAgain

Anybody aware of why the diversionary route around Seven Sisters Chord wasn't used? (I know that would omit several stations, however I'd imagine some service is better than no service at all). Is it a case of it isn't usually used in such situations?

AlanFry1

Anybody aware of why the diversionary route around Seven Sisters Chord wasn't used? (I know that would omit several stations, however I'd imagine some service is better than no service at all). Is it a case of it isn't usually used in such situations?

Quite frankly it could be because Stamford Hill is close to SS?

Class 170101

Established Member
Are electric passenger trains (re-) permitted via South Tottenham yet? And that even assumes there is capacity via Clapton to accommodate extra trains.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Are electric passenger trains (re-) permitted via South Tottenham yet? And that even assumes there is capacity via Clapton to accommodate extra trains.

And also if enough drivers have been re-trained on the route, as I would expect it to have dropped from their route cards when it was closed for electric traction

Class 170101

Established Member
And also if enough drivers have been re-trained on the route, as I would expect it to have dropped from their route cards when it was closed for electric traction

Definitely slipped off their route cards as its been over 6 months.

AlanFry1

They are - the 05:31 just doesn't run anymore through this way as there are always engineering works in the way (e.g coppermill j, Hackney)

Status
Not open for further replies.