• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Disused Catering Trolleys

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG11

Hi all. I stumbled on this thread and wondered if it would be possible to get hold of any old refreshment trolleys. I have looked on Ebay, but they only really do smaller merchandise, linyards etc. I know that XC have recently got new trolleys, what are they doing with their old ones?? Do you think it would be worth my while contacting their catering manager and asking if I can buy one?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Ah, there's no sad'er thing on the railway than a route without a trolley (or a trolley without a route).

I don't know if there are any going spare, but Hastings Diesels have the original.

MG11

How much cash should I offer, I imagine they retail at about £2,000 when new?? Would £600 be enough for a disused one do you think???

theblackwatch

Established Member
You are probably too late. They were being offered to preserved railways/groups on the Preserved Diesels facebook group a few weeks ago.

MG11

You are probably too late. They were being offered to preserved railways/groups on the Preserved Diesels facebook group a few weeks ago.
Ahh that's a shame, but I imagine there will be more trolleys available at some point. I know that TransPennine Express are replacing some of theirs with the new T2020 trolleys. Do you know if it was a specific person offering them on the group please or XC's Facebook account? Either way, it's good to know that atleast one organisation sells them on instead of just scrapping them.

Established Member
Ahh that's a shame, but I imagine there will be more trolleys available at some point. I know that TransPennine Express are replacing some of theirs with the new T2020 trolleys. Do you know if it was a specific person offering them on the group please or XC's Facebook account? Either way, it's good to know that atleast one organisation sells them on instead of just scrapping them.
You will have no luck with XC. All of ours have been earmarked and have been for sometime. Including ones still in use on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.