• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DLR Passenger Service Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Apples&Pears

Afraid not I have no real knowledge about it - just saw the advert this morning and thought I'd share for those who would want to apply.

successboy17

Afraid not I have no real knowledge about it - just saw the advert this morning and thought I'd share for those who would want to apply.

Ok, I applied 6 weeks ago and had a telephone interview last Friday. Waiting for result this weeks. If successfull, they book you to go to the assessment centre.

ZFE95

Anyone know the salary? It isn't specified in the description.

donpoku

That's a lot of buck for basically checking tickets 50% of the time I know because I looked into it.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Bromley boy

Established Member
That's a lot of buck for basically checking tickets 50% of the time I know because I looked into it.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Looking at the advert they are responsible for manually driving trains in certain circumstances. The experience requirements are also quite stringent, including safety-critical experience.

These factors probably explain the salary on offer.

Lrd

Established Member
Pretty sure that PSAs don't do revenue. They are there for customer service/safety and driving when needed to amongst other duties.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Pretty sure that PSAs don't do revenue. They are there for customer service/safety and driving when needed to amongst other duties.
It says in the job description that there are revenue duties, but you can only do so much when you can't leave the train.

godfreycomplex

Established Member
I've been gripped by a PSA before so they do go around checking (I think they have the same kind of gear as bus inspectors) but I don't know if they could flog you a ticket if you haven't got one.
Do they book on and off at Beckton and/or Poplar?

successboy17

KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:

*Enforce safety rules and regulations and carry out necessary procedures in the event of an emergency occurring, to ensure the safety of members of the public and employees of the railway. All staff are responsible for reporting all incidents, including providing written reports

*Operate trains in automatic or manual mode as required to meet schedules and to achieve weekly targets for service levels

*Carry out Crowd Control duties at specified times and locations to facilitate movement of customers in a safe and efficient manner.

==============
*Inspect tickets and oyster cards on trains and stations and when required take action to collect penalty fares in order to maximise revenue and minimise fare evasion. Revenue duties include using ticket checking devices to maximum effect
==============

*Provide information to customers using public address systems, personal contact or published brochures, to assist them in understanding fares, journeys and other services provided by the railway. Responsible for protecting company revenues at all times

*Carry out routine fault finding techniques on vehicles and report results to assist technicians in vehicle maintenance and repair

*Render all possible assistance to customers, in particular those with special needs, to enhance customer service and safety

*Report any maintenance or cleaning issues both on trains and stations whilst carrying out duties to the Control Centre

*The Passenger Service Agent represents the front line of the railway through their operation of trains and direct contact with customers. They are a primary link between what is happening on the front line and the Control Centre, which has the overall view of the railway.

*The Passenger Service Agents are trained in the rules and regulations for normal and emergency operation of the railway. They are required to apply these appropriately as the situations arise. They are in radio contact with the Control Centre and the Control Centre Controllers and Control Room Technicians are available to provide advice.

*Passenger Service Agents are rostered to specific duties. Department Managers monitor their performance, with additional input from Service Team Leaders and Patrol Team Leaders.

I hope this helps.

Monopoli

Question to anyone that has applied and pasted the first stage. Just wanting to know what background people are coming from? Very suspicious about the reply I got via an email.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ibra

Question to anyone that has applied and pasted the first stage. Just wanting to know what background people are coming from? Very suspicious about the reply I got via an email.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Hey, what do you mean exactly?

theking

6 weeks of 4 on 2 off then 7th week 5 on two off rolling rest days.
Duties are EE E M L LL

Earliest book on 0430
Latest finish 0200

Trackboy

So earlys are 0430 start.. is that 7 or 8 hrs shift?

Can you please tell me typical middle and late starting times?

Thanks.

Ibra

Hey new to here , anyone heard back ? Quiet a early start so I'm guessing this month maybe ?

SpamHammer

Hey new to here , anyone heard back ? Quiet a early start so I'm guessing this month maybe ?

I applied, haven't heard anything from them though. If they're looking for people to start training 19th Feb I'd have thought they need to crack on! I need to give 4 weeks notice to current job if I'm successful.

Ibra

I applied, haven't heard anything from them though. If they're looking for people to start training 19th Feb I'd have thought they need to crack on! I need to give 4 weeks notice to current job if I'm successful.
4 weeks ? That's going to be really tight I'm sure by the time they let people know it will be early February

SpamHammer

4 weeks ? That's going to be really tight I'm sure by the time they let people know it will be early February

Indeed. I find it odd they don't seem to be accounting for it. 4 weeks notice is hardly unusual.

Ibra

Gave them a call they said within the next 2 weeks you should know if you have been successful in the first stage or not .

Status
Not open for further replies.