• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DLR steering wheels

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
I imagine the forum will melt down and produce 20 pages of uproar. I cannot see a problem with it.

stuu

Established Member
They have vinyl stickers with controls at the ends of trains on Line 1 in Paris. Kids seemed to love them (and some adults). No doubt the usual suspects will take offence in the media about this idea

randyrippley

Established Member
Don't encourage them.......otherwise they'll be fitted on the top desk of the double deckers next

Thirteen

Isn't the B23 control panel higher than the ones on the older stock? Might be tricky putting a steering wheel there, the stickers sound like a fun idea, I suspect only the misery guts on here will disapprove.

Lucan

Established Member
Why can't they bring their own?

b01xl857501w.jpg

Lewisham2221

Established Member
How dare they spend taxpayers money, peddling totally, technically inaccurate marketing nonsense :rolleyes: [removes tongue from cheek ;)]

notverydeep

A number of years ago, my daughter - then about 7 was delighted to be invited to press the actual Train Start button from the front driving panel by the Passenger Service Attendant on a DLR service (with the PSA controlling the door closure sequence of course)...

Turtle

Isn't the B23 control panel higher than the ones on the older stock? Might be tricky putting a steering wheel there, the stickers sound like a fun idea, I suspect only the misery guts on here will disapprove.
Well, you only had to wait until 08:05.

Trackman

Established Member
Taking Mrs T grandkids kids on DLR unnerves me as they want to sit up front.
Forget fake steering wheels, put a rail driver console or a keyboard there.
I dozed off once, woke up and could see we were slowing down going into a station, I tried to stop the train, but then realized I dont have a raildriver or a keyboard. In a split second of panic, I realized I was actually on the train and not in a simulator! A weird experience!

Trackman

Established Member

It's a sort of desktop mini-cab designed for Train Simulator.
I paid about £50 for mine about 20 years ago for MS train simulator, they now retail for £275.00. It's still going strong - had to do some minor repairs, but apart from that it's built to last. Great thing to have for train sims, especially now as TSW4 fully supports it.