• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DLR steering wheels

High Dyke

Established Member
Fair enough for the idea. It may stop the argument about having driverless trains when industrial action takes place. As now it seems anyone can drive the DLR train.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nym

Established Member
It's a cardboard steering wheel...
Is it compliant with the requirements of BS EN 45545-2 for HL3 operation?

(This is the fire compliance standard for rolling stock).

Also, TfL will find a way of spending way too much money on this, as the usually do for things they don't need, then of course claim it was done at no cost to them.

Lucan

Established Member
TfL will find a way of spending way too much money on this
There will need to be a design consultancy, a safety assessment, a financial case, an environmental impact study, a health study, staff will need to be trained, a final disposal route identified ... what have I forgotten?

jon81uk

This isn't the first time TfL have given away promotional materials. There was tote bags for the district line https://districtdavesforum.co.uk/thread/30326/free-district-line-150-tote and they gave away some stuff for the Elizabeth line opening I think too.

Not sure why people are jumping on this as being TfL spending too much money.

Back when Serco ran the DLR they also ran the social media and promotional stuff themselves and I won a competition and got the free inflatable steering wheel. But then TfL took all the promotional stuff back in-house and they stopped running so many specific social media campaigns just for DLR.

Nym

Established Member
There will need to be a design consultancy, a safety assessment, a financial case, an environmental impact study, a health study, staff will need to be trained, a final disposal route identified ... what have I forgotten?
TfL Engineering Labour Assessment
Equality Act Compliance Assessment
RVAR Assessment
Representation of London Assessment
Climate Assessment
TfL Pathway Compliance Assessment
Procurement Competition
Procurement Negotiation and Optimisation

... come up with how to claim it costs nothing because Siemens does it for free.