• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DMI for GTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eager girl

Does anyone know whether any DMIs are taking place for GTR? I passed the assessment day in January but haven’t heard anything further about a DMI. I am not sure if this just means that my application will not be progressed. Any thoughts?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SuperS16v

Does anyone know whether any DMIs are taking place for GTR? I passed the assessment day in January but haven’t heard anything further about a DMI. I am not sure if this just means that my application will not be progressed. Any thoughts?

Can’t help you with GTR but I’m in exactly the same position with another TOC. Unfortunately it is the nature of the industry, you will hear something at some point. It doesn’t hurt to email for an update and keep your name known.

KJCross1983

You will need to email the GTR recruitment team with your query.

Luckyflames

My DMI was approx 1 month after assessment day. But you could wait 6 months or even longer. Be prepared for the long haul.

richiejenks

Hi, did you hear back from GTR regarding your date for a DMI?

Best of luck.

AG1994

Hey there, could you give me an idea of the questions you were asked at the DMI please? I have mine next week?!
Thanks!
If that’s your name then probably not a great idea to have your name and your request for an insider view on the interview in the public domain! Many managers will use this forum.

Eager girl

Hi All, I sat my DMI with GTR which lasted for 2 hours. I am wondering if this is a good or bad sign. Any thoughts or anyone else who has had a DMI recently?

Daly131

Hi all, I attended my DMI last Friday and heard back today that I have been entered into a talent pool. I’m hoping I will be able to start a course this year but I guess I will have to wait and see…. Good luck everyone

richiejenks

Hi all, I attended my DMI last Friday and heard back today that I have been entered into a talent pool. I’m hoping I will be able to start a course this year but I guess I will have to wait and see…. Good luck everyone
Hi Daly, congrats on being entered into the talent pool. Did you have to wait long for your DMI and what depot was this for if you don’t mind me asking. I’m currently waiting for my DMI.

Daly131

Thanks mate didn’t have to wait too long for the DMI really because I had passed all the tests beforehand but I believe it’s different for everyone…. I applied for Cricklewood, you? best of luck.

richiejenks

Thanks mate didn’t have to wait too long for the DMI really because I had passed all the tests beforehand but I believe it’s different for everyone…. I applied for Cricklewood, you? best of luck.
I applied for Cricklewood/Hornsey. Passed my Assessment in February, just waiting for my DMI now.

Also waiting on a DMI, the recruitment process does seem somewhat random when it comes to wait times.

I have read some people have got through the whole process very quickly in comparison and then others still waiting at different stages.

Enhanced insofar as requiring the DFFT to be sat as well as the standard tests.
All of my passes are enhanced and thankfully my previous passes included the DFFT1&2. But I know different TOC’s can have different pass levels for what they consider ‘enhanced’.

Enhanced insofar as requiring the DFFT to be sat as well as the standard tests.
Thank you.

baz962

Established Member
All of my passes are enhanced and thankfully my previous passes included the DFFT1&2. But I know different TOC’s can have different pass levels for what they consider ‘enhanced’.

Thank you.
Are you getting the dfft mixed up with another test. I have never heard of 1&2 for the dfft. I certainly did one test for it .

Mattydo

Thank you.

I actually think the expression enhanced is a little unhelpful as it implies a blanket pass mark.

The reality is you Pass or you Don't (National Standard) but different TOCs may add in additional tests such as the Driver Fault Finding Test or VSE etc. and may also look for a pass at a "higher grade" that in reality is only known to them.

I also imagine those desired higher grades might be flexible from one recruitment drive to another.

Sadly for prospective trainees it's all a bit of a mystery, somewhat deliberately I imagine as patience in itself is a good trait in the whole process.

It was some time ago bow but the proctor my testing implied that GTR uses national standard for the generic tests and adds the DFFT to the mix. That is the only way in which they are "enhanced". The OPC who administered tests for then VWC said they required both a higher pass but also used extra tests (VSE, CBI Vs MMI etc).

That all said I'm sure that actual marks might be taken into account when allocating orders of priority in talent pools later in the process.

In all instances I was lucky to meet what arbitrary pass mark the TOC I was applying to wanted but I am still none the wiser as to how well I did really.

Good luck with the process. Hopefully some or all of your results carry across as it will make for a nice quick day at assessment.

I actually think the expression enhanced is a little unhelpful as it implies a blanket pass mark.

The reality is you Pass or you Don't (National Standard) but different TOCs may add in additional tests such as the Driver Fault Finding Test or VSE etc. and may also look for a pass at a "higher grade" that in reality is only known to them.

I also imagine those desired higher grades might be flexible from one recruitment drive to another.

Sadly for prospective trainees it's all a bit of a mystery, somewhat deliberately I imagine as patience in itself is a good trait in the whole process.

It was some time ago bow but the proctor my testing implied that GTR uses national standard for the generic tests and adds the DFFT to the mix. That is the only way in which they are "enhanced". The OPC who administered tests for then VWC said they required both a higher pass but also used extra tests (VSE, CBI Vs MMI etc).

That all said I'm sure that actual marks might be taken into account when allocating orders of priority in talent pools later in the process.

In all instances I was lucky to meet what arbitrary pass mark the TOC I was applying to wanted but I am still none the wiser as to how well I did really.

Good luck with the process. Hopefully some or all of your results carry across as it will make for a nice quick day at assessment.
Thank you.

Are you getting the dfft mixed up with another test. I have never heard of 1&2 for the dfft. I certainly did one test for it .
Sorry, I meant the TRRP1 and 2.

Appreciate the feedback. I understand there is no one ‘enhanced’ standard. But it can be a little confusing going through the process for the first time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.