• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Do you think city of Birmingham will steam again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Flying Phil

Established Member
I believe the museum has said that it wants to keep the engine in "As withdrawn" condition. Although it could be steamed "relatively" easily.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I believe the museum has said that it wants to keep the engine in "As withdrawn" condition. Although it could be steamed "relatively" easily.
No so easy for it to get out the museum however.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
no - not unless the museum built around this locomotive is demolished.

also shall we just make a list of every steam locomotive in the world and then ask if they can steam again? It would save the pointless threads!

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator

also shall we just make a list of every steam locomotive in the world and then ask if they can steam again? It would save the pointless threads!
Good point.
I still need the original ‘Rocket’ for my haulage needs.
I shall write a strongly worded letter to the Science Museum in the morning.

Spamcan81

Nobody is forcing you to read this thread.

As for the OP’s question, never say never but IMO it almost certainly won’t steam again.

Status
Not open for further replies.