• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dodgy announcements at Faversham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick W

Established Member
A Javelin that had just entered Faversham was announced as being not for public use. Not certain what they were doing I moved down the platform with my bike to prepare to load it on at the right point.

Without any notice and within 30 seconds of arrival, to my horror, the doors shut and the train pulled away. I am never obeying any notices about not boarding a train "not for pubic use" ever again.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GB

Established Member
Why did you try and board a train that was advertised as "not for public use" or have I missed something completely obvious?

Nick W

Established Member
I didn't board it hence my 36 minute connection from St Pancras to Kings Cross is now a 6 minute one. For what it's worth the train I'm currently on was branded not for public use and is very much for public use.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Missed the connection. Now have to get a Cambridge train that calls at every lampost or as they call it in the South East a high speed service. Should have stayed on the quicker service to Victoria.

MCR247

Established Member
you should complain to southeastern about it, although I'm not sure you will get anything back

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Why did you try and board a train that was advertised as "not for public use" or have I missed something completely obvious?
If he had tried to board a train that was advertised as not for public use, he would have boarded a train that was for public use and been on time instead of 50 minutes late at his destination.

anonymous0101

If he had tried to board a train that was advertised as not for public use, he would have boarded a train that was for public use and been on time instead of 50 minutes late at his destination.

Its annoying that the on board managers cant come out to help, whereas conductors on classic trains are always visible at stations. One reason against DOO.

class313

The announcements at Clapham junction are dodgy, because on platform 2, where the LO services terminate, whenever a train approaches, it gives the announcement: "please stand back from the edge of platform 2, the approaching train dos not stop at this station"

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
The announcements at Clapham junction are dodgy, because on platform 2, where the LO services terminate, whenever a train approaches, it gives the announcement: "please stand back from the edge of platform 2, the approaching train dos not stop at this station"

Also heard that at Reading 4B and Shepperton, both dead end platforms.

It betta' do - wouldn't like to see it if it didn't!

But TBH the 'dummest' of passenger would realize that it MUST stop here! in Public use or Not.

Last edited:

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I suppose that they wouldn't - its just another annoucement error - the 'please stand well back from the platform edge, the next train at platform X is not scheduled to stop at this station' should be replaced with 'the next train at platform X terminates here - please do not board this service'.

Status
Not open for further replies.