• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Donald Trump and the aftermath of his presidency

kermit

I could see him getting sectioned after that weird statement about being a stable genius or whatever he said today.
He’s a man so out of his depth that it’s currently only his arrogance keeping him afloat. The water’s seeping in more and more quickly though.

But that's what I meant about the really enormous dangers in this situation. He's cornered, volatile, and liable to lash out in unpredictable ways, do deflect attention from whatever the issue at hand is eg Russia. And a good number of the 30% of Americans who support him are even more bat**** crazy than he is.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheNewNo2

I wonder if we could literally pay Trump to quit. It may not be the best thing politically, but I think it's likely the most expedient way to get rid of him.

If the Russia enquiry really delivers the goods, he might end up doing time.

Prison would be a far more fitting place for Trump than the White House.

The thing is, Trump is not there on his own. He may be president, but he wouldn't be there if he hadn't had supporters within the mainstream GOP, and every day they become more sycophantic. The Muller inquiry will bring back something, there's very little doubt about that. The problem is Republicans just don't care - he's on their side, and it's better to risk nuclear war than to allow a tax rise on billionaires.

NSEFAN

Established Member
The problem is Republicans just don't care - he's on their side, and it's better to risk nuclear war than to allow a tax rise on billionaires.
This is a bit part of the problem. Party politics has seemingly reached religious/tribal status in the USA. It doesn't matter how awful a candidate is, provided they're wearing the correct badge, they'll do. I know we have our share of die-hard left/right wingers, but it doesn't seem to be so extreme and people seem to be more flexible with their voting in this country.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Of course, Lincoln's end is known, whereas Trump's isn't (yet). It won't occur while he's watching a theatrical production

It would probably be when he's watching Fox News on one of his three televisions in his bedroom, as he's just woken up at 11am.

Up_Tilt_390

If the Russia enquiry really delivers the goods, he might end up doing time.

Prison would be a far more fitting place for Trump than the White House.

Trump is rich and powerful, so by default he cannot end up in prison regardless of whatever crimes he commits. That's not my opinion, that genuinely seems to be the way in the world. Trump wouldn't be any exception aside from being widely known about it. In fact, there's enough jigsaw pieces to practically call him a mildly satirical Lex Luthor. Hillary Clinton wasn't the first one to get away with major scandals and she certainly won't be the last. As a matter of fact, it might just be Trump whose the most recent.

It would probably be when he's watching Fox News on one of his three televisions in his bedroom, as he's just woken up at 11am.

Isn't Fox News a bit too mainstream for Donald Trump, and perhaps even a bit too tolerant? I know it sounds crazy, but even Fox sometimes has people of left-wing views on their channel, even if the intention is to just have Tucker Carlson rip them apart on it. So saying, they could just deliberately be picking the stupidest-sounding people for their broadcasts. I'd say Trump uses one TV for pleasure, watches InfoWars on the other, and CNN on the third just to hear what the mainstream media says about him so he can call every outlet the fake news media on Twitter.

nlogax

Established Member
Trump is rich and powerful, so by default he cannot end up in prison regardless of whatever crimes he commits. That's not my opinion, that genuinely seems to be the way in the world

For most other rich and powerful people in the world, I'd agree. However, I'm almost certain Trump will be end up in jail for something at some point. He possesses both a special kind of stupidity and incompetence and an increasingly unpopular presence in politics. The mountain of dirt in his history coupled with a collective desire to send him up crapola creek without a paddle will be his undoing.

najaB

Veteran Member
Trump is rich and powerful, so by default he cannot end up in prison regardless of whatever crimes he commits. That's not my opinion, that genuinely seems to be the way in the world.
Often that's the case, but not always. If the crimes are egregious enough then even the rich and powerful can end up in the clink.

Groningen

Established Member
Tweet Donald Trump at 20.35 GMT yesterday: the Fake News Awards, those going to the most corrupt & biased of the Mainstream Media, will be presented to the losers on Wednesday, January 17th, rather than this coming Monday. The interest in, and importance of, these awards is far greater than anyone could have anticipated!

I am exited who it will be. I go for the Washington Post or New York Times for the coming 8 years.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Are the metal facilities of President Trump deserting him? Is he mentally fit to hold office?

By that I mean actually mentally unfit as in lacking capacity rather than just being a brainless fruitloop

najaB

Veteran Member
Are the metal facilities of President Trump deserting him? Is he mentally fit to hold office?
It's possible to use his public statements (both spoken and Tweeted) to make the case that he is not, but it's difficult to know how much (if any) is for effect and how much is genuine.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
It's possible to use his public statements (both spoken and Tweeted) to make the case that he is not, but it's difficult to know how much (if any) is for effect and how much is genuine.

The media do seem to have picked up on this. Personally I have noticed his voice and style of speech have changed and have simplified and he looks more vacant. That could just be pressure and tiredness affecting an aging bloke in a job he wasn't prepared for or it could be a symptom of something else

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The media do seem to have picked up on this. Personally I have noticed his voice and style of speech have changed and have simplified and he looks more vacant. That could just be pressure and tiredness affecting an aging bloke in a job he wasn't prepared for or it could be a symptom of something else
It does seem very much like that and I don’t think he’s intelligent enough to be playing some kind of elaborate game with the media.
I think he’s really struggling.

Groningen

Established Member
To keep the/his interest of Donald Trump they use his name often on a policy (or what ever) paper.

Officials put Trump's name in 'as many memo paragraphs as we can because he keeps reading if he's mentioned'

Source: Independent (May 17, 2017)

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member

By that I mean actually mentally unfit as in lacking capacity rather than just being a brainless fruitloop
This is fake news. This President has the greatest foundries, the greatest smelters the world has ever seen. The American people will be smelting so much that they'll get tired of smelting...

(I know it was only a typo, but I couldn't resist. Sorry!)

ilkestonian

There is a presidential physical coming up in the next few weeks.
I believe it is this Friday, and it will be a total waste of time.

The onus is on Trump to release whatever he sees fit of the results, the doctor carrying out the test(s) cannot do so. Therefore we can already predict that whatever is or isn't found, he will state he is the fittest, most mentally alert and stable president ever, regardless of the true results.

The examination is apparently about two hours long and focussing on physical tests, so even if the doctor wants to attempt to evaluate his mental condition, this type of examination is not sufficient to draw any meaningful conclusions.

The test will merely satisfy his guillible support base who will believe whatever Trump reports of the medical, and think he is actually fit, stable and clever.

Up_Tilt_390

Oh god, I had to go on his Twitter again, but I think taking one for the team was worth it just so you could all see this. This was just part of what Donald Trump had to say about his mental stability and intelligence. It was in relation to how the 'Fake News Media' want to dig up more dirt onto him after Russian collusion was proven a hoax (funnily enough though I don't remember hearing about that).
Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.

If I'm honest with you Donald, I'd disagree on your stability and intelligence being your greatest assets. Your sense of humour on the other hand...

Groningen

Established Member
Donald Trump doing it again! He complains about allowing immigrants from '****hole' countries as El Salvador, Haiti and certain African nations.

nlogax

Established Member
I'm sure there was a post here earlier referencing what Trump said about El Salvador and Haiti. If the post went because of the swearing it's worth bearing in mind the phrase he used was quoted verbatim on R4 news first thing this morning.

Meanwhile London is breathing a small sigh of relief as Trump refuses to visit and open the new embassy, blaming Obama for what was actually a Bush-era White House decision. Top work.

Last edited:

najaB

Veteran Member
I'm sure there was a post here earlier referencing what Trump said about El Salvador and Haiti.
In case anyone has missed it, his comment (in full and unedited) was:
Why do we want all these people from ****hole countries coming here?
While I appreciate that this is a 'family friendly' forum, this is a direct quote of the President of the United States of America commenting on immigration from Haiti, El Salvador and Africa. He then went on to ask:
Why do we need more Haitians? Take them out.
Later in the same meeting he asked why they couldn't get more immigrants from places like Norway.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
While I appreciate that this is a 'family friendly' forum, this is a direct quote of the President of the United States of America.
One could argue that this current President is not, in fact, 'family friendly' so that is no defence! :lol: