• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

doors stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfc3024

Currently stuck at Cambuslang on the 1715 from Anderston to Coatbridge Central. Driver has been on tannoy to apologise and advise that he will do his best to try and fix the driver operated doors.

Been here for 15mins - a lot of unhappy passengers. Not much we can do but sit and wait! It's interesting listening to people making calls home to hear what they are saying!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Eng274

Currently stuck at Cambuslang on the 1715 from Anderston to Coatbridge Central. Driver has been on tannoy to apologise and advise that he will do his best to try and fix the driver operated doors.

Been here for 15mins - a lot of unhappy passengers. Not much we can do but sit and wait! It's interesting listening to people making calls home to hear what they are saying!

I was stuck on that train too. Very unusual defect that the doors wouldn't arm throughout the 6 car formation.

A lot of irate passengers where I was standing as well, with many vowing to vent spleen via social media. When we shuffled on to Newton (not the welsh one) one chap had enough and forced his way through the doors.

The incident could easily be a 1000 minuter, plenty suburban and intercity trains disrupted consequently.

YorkshireBear

Established Member
I was stuck on that train too. Very unusual defect that the doors wouldn't arm throughout the 6 car formation.

A lot of irate passengers where I was standing as well, with many vowing to vent spleen via social media. When we shuffled on to Newton (not the welsh one) one chap had enough and forced his way through the doors.

The incident could easily be a 1000 minuter, plenty suburban and intercity trains disrupted consequently.

I am quaking in my boots.

mfc3024

The communication from Scotrail last night was awful - when the train arrived at Newton the previously stuck doors were opened and Newton and Cambuslang passengers got off. However as the train was for Coatbridge Central, all the remaining passengers didn't know if they had to wait or get off. We sat there for about ten minutes with no communication from anyone.

Eventually we were told to alight and after a few mins a train pulls in on Platform 1 and there is an announcement made that this train will go to Larkhall and call at all stations. So most of the passengers standing on platform 2 move to the stairs to go under the tracks to platform 1 (it is a slow process as it is very busy and badly lit and the steps are slippy) and literally five seconds after the announcement is made the train pulls away. giving passengers no chance to get it!!

Passengers understand that from time to time things go wrong, however the key issue for the CEO of Scotrail and the management team should be how they handle the issues when they arise – communication needs to be accurate and frequent. If passengers are told of what is happening then they will be a bit more understanding, but to tell passengers to change platform and then the train departs within five seconds is a disgrace.

I sent a letter to Scotrail this morning - I did praise them as generally their services are very good, but when it goes wrong it is their poor communication (ie lack of it or inaccurate) that really hacks off passengers.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Was the delay not caused by a train in front of yours heading to Edinburgh?

mfc3024

Delay was caused by the doors being stuck on the 1715 Anderston (originally from Dalmuir I think) to Coatbridge Central.

Status
Not open for further replies.