• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Double back question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeGee

I've just spotted this easement in the routing guide:

5. Journeys from stations on the Barton-on-Humber line to Habrough and
stations west of Habrough may double back between Habrough and
Grimsby. This easement applies in both directions.

Does this mean if I have a ticket from Great Coates to York, I can travel Great Coates - Grimsby Town - York. Or would it only apply from, say Thornton Abbey?

If it's fine from Great Coates, does this also mean that I can break my journey at GMB?

Reason I'm asking is that I'm travelling to York next weekend, travelling out on Saturday, back on Sunday. Great Coates is walking distance from my home, but has no service on a Sunday. I can get a bus from Grimsby but not Habrough.

Normally, I travel from Grimsby Town, but if this is a viable option for the outward without having to buy an extra ticket, then it might be worth my while trying it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DeeGee

Not really. It works for the outward, but I want to pass through Grimsby on the return. Or ideally both ways.

DeeGee

So I guess it would be OK, then?

I'm considering maybe taking the Northern train via Brigg just for the fun of it, changing at Retford and going up the ECML to York. Just need to see the timings.

Status
Not open for further replies.