• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dreamworlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

joy54.gen

Calm Down, its only a bit of fun. Don't mock people for their views, I'm sure you wouldn't like it if people mocked your opinions and views which I could do but won't.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
jd said:
Jeeeez... is it just me who's dreams don't involve trains?

My long-term dreams are to live with someone I love, in a place I like, with a well-paid job. It's probably unrealistic, but whatever.

Dreamworlds, about trains. This is not what they dreamt neccaserrily (or however you spell it :roll: ) it is what they would wish for.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
joy54.gen said:
Would you say a 60 sounds better than a 37?

37 or 60, well close call, but I'd go for the 60 for the sheer pleasure of doing something different. I've done so many 37s now they're a little boring...

Galvanize

joy54.gen said:
- 25s, 26s, 27s, 37s and 47s return to Scotland on all mainline routes.
- All Slammers to be reinstated on the Southern Network
- 1st Gen DMUs to replace all plastic rubbish around
- All Mainline units to be scrapped and replaced by there predesscor locomotives

That would satisfy me for a fair few years.
I'll drink to that!

-Greenways All line rovers to allow travel :lol:

Julian G

Established Member
AJP said:
86242 said:
So are you saying a 60 is better than a 31. :roll:

Defo, 86s arent hellfire they sound like a microwave :roll:
The Electric Locos in Poland make that 'ticking' noise (a similar noise when you pass the cl86 at Brum New Street in the 323 on BVE)
Electric Locos are BEASTS
I remember that 90 pushing that DVT at Harrow (it's roared!!!)
So did 86s

joy54.gen

FGWFan said:
joy54.gen said:
Would you say a 60 sounds better than a 37?

37 or 60, well close call, but I'd go for the 60 for the sheer pleasure of doing something different. I've done so many 37s now they're a little boring...

So 37 and 60 are a close call, so you prefer the 37 sound to a 31 sound?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
What is this, quiz FGWFan over what locos he prefers?

Regardless of whether it is or not, once I've typed this, I DO NOT want to have to repeat my opinions on different locos in this fashion again. Once this is laid down, this is my final thought on the subject, and should be regarded as my ranking of the locos included:

1) 43s
2) 60s
3) 37s
4) 47s
5=) 50s
5=) 52s
7=) 31s
7=) 33s

Electric locomotives:

1=) 87s
1=) 90s
1=) 91s

Carriage stock:

1) MK3
2=) MK2
2=) MK1
4) MK4

Favourite wagons: HTAs for coal, BYAs for steel.

Favourite livery: First Group, out of the privatised lot. Intercity Swallow for the nationalised lot.

Favourite route: Reading to Paddington

Favourite places to spot: Clapham Junction, London Bridge, Stratford, Ealing Broadway, Stevenage, Newport, Crewe, Carlisle.

The rest of it got included to state my views on other matters as well as locomotives. Electric locomotives got a seperate category and equal rankings as I like them all as much as each other. I've also not included quite a few classes, mainly the ones that I haven't experienced.

Now the above has been said, this is my FINAL say on this. Anyone asking me 'What do you prefer, 35s or 73s?' will NOT get answered. If it's not included above, I don't give a flying F about it.

Oh, and to give you the simple answer, I prefer a 37 over a 31 ANY day. 31s should be scrapped, they're flaming terrible.

There. Now let's put this subject to rest.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
AJP said:
We have a fellow tugman onboard, Respect :lol: 8)

Umm, should I assume you like the 60s as well, or are you dissing us?

Regarding your other post about it roaring like a hoover picking up glass: ROFL!!!

Jim

Established Member
FGWFan said:
What is this, quiz FGWFan over what locos he prefers?

Regardless of whether it is or not, once I've typed this, I DO NOT want to have to repeat my opinions on different locos in this fashion again. Once this is laid down, this is my final thought on the subject, and should be regarded as my ranking of the locos included:

1) 43s
2) 60s
3) 37s
4) 47s
5=) 50s
5=) 52s
7=) 31s
7=) 33s

Electric locomotives:

1=) 87s
1=) 90s
1=) 91s

Carriage stock:

1) MK3
2=) MK2
2=) MK1
4) MK4

Favourite wagons: HTAs for coal, BYAs for steel.

Favourite livery: First Group, out of the privatised lot. Intercity Swallow for the nationalised lot.

Favourite route: Reading to Paddington

Favourite places to spot: Clapham Junction, London Bridge, Stratford, Ealing Broadway, Stevenage, Newport, Crewe, Carlisle.

The rest of it got included to state my views on other matters as well as locomotives. Electric locomotives got a seperate category and equal rankings as I like them all as much as each other. I've also not included quite a few classes, mainly the ones that I haven't experienced.

Now the above has been said, this is my FINAL say on this. Anyone asking me 'What do you prefer, 35s or 73s?' will NOT get answered. If it's not included above, I don't give a flying F about it.

Oh, and to give you the simple answer, I prefer a 37 over a 31 ANY day. 31s should be scrapped, they're flaming terrible.

There. Now let's put this subject to rest.
If you read it, this is dreamworlds, not what you like :shock: :roll:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Jim, my post you quoted was a rant at people who kept asking what I preferred. I know what the thread is about, but it was deemed necessary to put what I did yesterday to avoid people saying 'What do you prefer, 37 or 60?' all the time. Now I've posted, I rate 60s more than 37s. End of story.

Regarding 31s and 37s having the same engines, well I don't know what the 31s do different, but the two locos are very different! One I fall asleep behind, the other gets calls of 'Hellfire!' from the window (those on the Rhymney gala will remember that ;) )

AJP

FGWFan said:
AJP said:
60's all the way!! 8)

Hence my avater :D

Good man! Good to see some taste there! So it's not all 91 and Mallard fans up your way then!

Nope everyone hates them up here :shock:

Tugs all the way!!

Nowt beats a tug on 6D45 hammering through Kirk Sandall absolute beast! <D

16CSVT2700

Established Member
86242 said:
You know that a 31 and a 37 have the same engine...

*COUGH*

Cl.31: E.E. 12SVT of 1100kW (1470HP) at 850rpm
Cl.37: E.E. 12CSVT of 1300kW (1750HP) at 850rpm
(Source: Pl.5 BR Locos & Coaching stock 2005)

So no, they are not the same.

In regards to dreamworlds.. all remaining class 50s returned to 100% mainline working order and in use every day out of Paddington and Waterloo, based at none other than Old Oak Common and Laira, just like the good ol' days.. of course with me as a qualified driver on them :D

Oh and I will have a decent home next to the GWML, living with the one I love, maybe a kid or two thrown in for good measure, perfect car would be erm.. I'll get back to that! I'd have 2 yorkshire terriers, a pair of guinea pigs and a parrot named Bob, and my back garden would be a 100% scale model of Paddington station to Acton Mainline (so I can run freight as well) set in the 1980/90s :D with some modern stuff like 332's cos they just totally rock! :D :D

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Top quality that 50149!

Thanks for posting the actual engines in the 31s and 37s. I was going to check my book for details, but it's locked OOU at this time to try and persuade me to take a couple of weeks off spotting. So far I'm on Day 4 of that, it's also Day 7 since my last HST sight and hearing. That really is getting to me!

16CSVT2700

Established Member
No probs FGWFan!!

A lil history lesson, the 12CSVT is the uprated and improved version of the 12SVT. the 12CSVT later being uprated and improved again into the 16CSVT, tested in DP2, which of course was the predecessor of the wonderful Class 50s :D .

RJ

Established Member
37s, 60s, pfft. You all know that a 159+170+158 on full power leaving Clapham Junction is way better :)

Met Driver

Established Member
joea1 said:
37s, 60s, pfft. You all know that a 159+170+158 on full power leaving Clapham Junction is way better :)

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Have you ever been behind a 37? You should come on the highland circular in May - that'll change your opinion for sure! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.