• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Driver Fault finding test (DFFT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenPaul

Hi all,

Could anyone tell me what to expect from this test. I have a 'practice sheet' but it's full of errors and they usually not that similar to the actual test some of the time. Any prior information would be very much appreciated. I have passed all the other tests. It's just this and the interviews,medical to go now.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Martin Dolan

Hello

This thread contains all you need to know.

http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=93015

I passed this last week and once I understood what was required it was straightforward.

Best of luck

Martin

EDIT - I should add that the DFFT is also referred to as part 2 of the Trainability for Rules & Procedures Test.

Last edited:

StevenPaul

Hello

This thread contains all you need to know.

http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=93015

I passed this last week and once I understood what was required it was straightforward.

Best of luck

Martin

EDIT - I should add that the DFFT is also referred to as part 2 of the Trainability for Rules & Procedures Test.

I have done his test it's the TEA occ I'm talking about the driver fault finding test DFFT ? That is he only one I have to do now thanks

StevenPaul

Try again

QUOTE=StevenPaul;2096894]Hi all,

Could anyone tell me what to expect from this test. I have a 'practice sheet' but it's full of errors and they usually not that similar to the actual test some of the time. Any prior information would be very much appreciated. I have passed all the other tests. It's just this and the interviews,medical to go now.

Thanks in advance

Steve[/QUOTE]

W230

Established Member
It's logical fault finding really. Was a few years ago now but mine went something like...

"If X happens then do Y and write code 400 in the box."
"If X happens but Y has already happened then look at fault list B to find another fault code for 400. Write code 600 in the box."

Probably totally ambiguous info above but it was a pretty basic test. The questions get harder as you go through the test (well they get longer so it's easier to make a mistake).

If you can follow a fault finding diagnostic for anything then you should be fine with these...

StevenPaul

It's logical fault finding really. Was a few years ago now but mine went something like...

"If X happens then do Y and write code 400 in the box."
"If X happens but Y has already happened then look at fault list B to find another fault code for 400. Write code 600 in the box."

Probably totally ambiguous info above but it was a pretty basic test. The questions get harder as you go through the test (well they get longer so it's easier to make a mistake).

If you can follow a fault finding diagnostic for anything then you should be fine with these...

Perfect thanks for the comprehensive and very clear answer just what I was looking for.

B

Brucemah

Hi everyone, I got assessment centre in next week regarding Assistant Service Engingeer (level 2) at Southern Rail company. In the email said have to do Technical test battery(TTB) test 4 and 8 only and Driver fault finding test (DFFT), could you give me any suggestion or advice where I can find this practice test sample.. And any suggestion about this assessment centre advice. Thanks in advanced. Cheers

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.