• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Driver vs Guard Assessments

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFCB

Hello all - would anyone be able clarify if the assessments for a Commercial Guard role are the same as for a Trainee Driver?

Where I’m coming from is I had an assessment day pre Covid for a trainee driver role and unfortunately messed up one of the computer tests, so have used 1 of my 2 lives. I have seen a guard role that I am tempted to apply for, but am worrying that if I sat a guard assessment and failed, would that be my second life gone? Or are the 2 lives for driver roles only? I want to keep my last life for another shot at driving.

Sorry if this is a simple question and if the answer is in this forum somewhere, but have been looking and cannot seem to find a definitive answer.

Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Guard/Conductor are different tests so this wouldn't impact the "lives" left at the Driver tests. Guard does have similar SCAAT testing but not the computer tests, the tests are all done on paper. I haven't personally done commercial guard assessment but done Metro Guard which is the same but without the ticket checking test (but both completely different to Driver assessments)

Status
Not open for further replies.