• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DRS Trainee drivers wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crawley Ben

As my user name suggests I live in Crawley, West Sussex, does anyone know if there is a depot within 45 mins at all please? I suspect not, but thought I would ask on here anyway.

Thank you

Ben

NX

No, but Willesden (North London) has a small depot, they do say other locations maybe considered.

NX

Septus

Have to live within 45 MINUTES!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Do they allow for relocations?
I live bang on 1hr from Crewe...but I would move, even if I lived 30-40mins from Crewe. Currently do a 45-60min commute and hate it...so would definately move closer to the depot.
Nothing tying me down where I am and have the funds sat just waiting for the opportunity.

Jones

Do they allow for relocations?
I live bang on 1hr from Crewe...but I would move, even if I lived 30-40mins from Crewe. Currently do a 45-60min commute and hate it...so would definately move closer to the depot.
Nothing tying me down where I am and have the funds sat just waiting for the opportunity.

I live 1hr 5mins and in the same position :D

I have asked and am waiting for a reply, I'll let you know.

NX

DRS are always after new Drivers for some reason.

Pop across to railchat.co.uk forum in the drivers section is 100+ pages of why DRS are always after new drivers and 100+ pages why not to go with them!

NX

Bradders1984

I applied for DRS last year and they turned down my application. I have recently completed assessments with GA. I've also asked about whether they will consider my application if I relocate.

Septus

I live 1hr 5mins and in the same position :D

I have asked and am waiting for a reply, I'll let you know.

I have the application form....one of the questions asks if you are willing to relocate. :D

Beveridges

Established Member
Pop across to railchat.co.uk forum in the drivers section is 100+ pages of why DRS are always after new drivers and 100+ pages why not to go with them!

NX

I think I've been banned from railchat I can't log in anymore thats for sure!

winefarm

Hi, I've applied for this. Does anyone know what the shift patterns are for DRS drivers? Number of days on and off, is there a pattern of earlies, lates & nights? Also any idea of how many Crewe drivers are being recruited? Any information would be helpful, thanks.

kitwaller

Ive just applied for Carlisle. I live 45 mins away although AA maps say 1 hour but im moving 10 minutes away in 4 weeks. Just hope they go past my postcode on my application form to the additional infofmation bit. Anyone know how many trainees they are looking for?

Last edited:

kitwaller

The advert actually says "approximately 45 minutes' travelling time", so as long as you can argue your definition of the word "approximately" then you should be OK!

Well I work 3 days a week next to the depot and at rush hour it never takes more than 50 mins usually about 35-40. Won't be an issue when training starts as will be living at Brampton by then. Just worried they might just punch in my postcode and when it says 1 hour put my application in the shredder without looking at the rest.

Last edited:

Greg1205

It's pnly suitable for people living close to Carlisle as the training itself is going to be there. So people applying for Crewe need to relocate to Carlisle for the training and then move back to Crewe? It doesn't make sense.

Bluebri

Drs put you up in a b&b and provide train travel to and from. The course is Monday to Friday. I know this because I phoned and asked; )

harryp896

Hi, Does anyone know what happens with the training in Carlisle ? Do DRS put you up or do you have to find your own accomidation ? Thanks

Greg1205

Fear enough, but it's miles away, OPC is i Watford so would need to travel all over the country.

Septus

Hi, Does anyone know what happens with the training in Carlisle ? Do DRS put you up or do you have to find your own accomidation ? Thanks

I can tell we have a top driver in the making here :roll:
Your post is numbered 25...post number 24 directly above yours:

Drs put you up in a b&b and provide train travel to and from. The course is Monday to Friday. I know this because I phoned and asked; )

Status
Not open for further replies.