• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DRS - Trainee Train Driver - London (13/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nb2001uk

was you not even required to take any sort of assessment via the OPC as part of that application? ie. Situational judgement etc…..
Read what I said again. I said I didn't have to retake them not I didn't have to take them. I have indate OPC enhanced pass, and SE was ok with that

Just giving the details that I got informed less then 3 weeks ago by there recruitment team maybe I was miss informed
Ok but you're not required to retake them with SE. The only OC I know which has anything even remotely similar to that is DB were you have to have a pass no older than 6 months.

Seejwalker

Read what I said again. I said I didn't have to retake them not I didn't have to take them. I have indate OPC enhanced pass, and SE was ok with that

Ok but you're not required to retake them with SE. The only OC I know which has anything even remotely similar to that is DB were you have to have a pass no older than 6 months.
I read it very clearly, I asked because I also have the enhanced pass rate, I have done since 2018, however as part of my recent successful application to DRS, I was required to sit some online assessments as part of the application process, which was apparently a requirement even though I have passed the psychometric testing.
So my logic was perhaps you had done similar, and this gave cause for @golfsareus to believe that you’d have to do all the tests again.

So now I’m wondering if it was a case of they require the enhanced standard and request anyone without re takes the tests.

Cheers for being a smart arse though, just what the railway needs.

nb2001uk

I read it very clearly, I asked because I also have the enhanced pass rate, I have done since 2018, however as part of my recent successful application to DRS, I was required to sit some online assessments as part of the application process, which was apparently a requirement even though I have passed the psychometric testing.
So my logic was perhaps you had done similar, and this gave cause for @golfsareus to believe that you’d have to do all the tests again.

So now I’m wondering if it was a case of they require the enhanced standard and request anyone without re takes the tests.

Cheers for being a smart arse though, just what the railway needs.
with all the companies I applied for I was never asked to retake any part of the assessment, straight to dmi.

BigPondFish

Got an email from OPC today. I passed the assessments and MMI. Just got to wait for an invitation for a managers interview. Hopefully it will happen, just happy that I don't have to do the assessments again.

Last edited:

MichaelJ25

Hope all goes well mate as I’m sure it will.
I have filled out the 119.1 form that they attached and sent this to the email provided, they acknowledged receipt and attached to my record.
Hope all goes well for you too mate ! I’ve just completed the 119 form and started the vetting and DBS certification

Got an email from OPI today. I passed the assessments and MMI. Just got to wait for an invitation for a managers interview. Hopefully it will happen, just happy that I don't have to do the assessments again.
Well done mate ! Good luck with the DMI !

BigPondFish

Just received an email from NTS saying all trainee positions are currently filled. They will be reviewing their position first half of next year so my application is currently now on hold.

Lee1978

Hi all,

I applied for Tilbury at the start of September, turned out that I only had to do the DFFT as I have all the other assessments to the required standard. I have just received an email from the OPC saying that I passed and will hear from NTS within a couple of weeks for the DMI.

Questions.

1. Where are the interviews held?
2. Anyone else on here at my stage for Tilbury?
3. Anyone know how many positions there are at Tilbury?

Thank you in advance.

Lee

golfsareus

Hi Lee,

Sadly as you see above all positions are filled your receive an email saying your application is on hold and that they will be touch for a DMI if more open next year unless you wish to be considered for the Rugby depot who have still got a couple of positions available. Well done on passing!

Lee1978

Hi Lee,

Sadly as you see above all positions are filled your receive an email saying your application is on hold and that they will be touch for a DMI if more open next year unless you wish to be considered for the Rugby depot who have still got a couple of positions available. Well done on passing!
Thanks for your reply, that’s really disappointing though. I was in a room with 6 other guys who were doing their stage 1 assessments for Tilbury who are all wasting their time as well if what you say is correct.

When was the position closed because my test was put back by 12 days due to the queen’s funeral?

golfsareus

I would not say wasting time as at least if passed you have there on records for the next 5 years but sadly they have filled all positions for Tilbury for both January and April since mid September anyone passing now will be told there application is on hold until next year when they review there needs unless you want to be considered for Rugby, glad to hear you passed everything.

IFeelTheNeed

Thanks for your reply, that’s really disappointing though. I was in a room with 6 other guys who were doing their stage 1 assessments for Tilbury who are all wasting their time as well if what you say is correct.

When was the position closed because my test was put back by 12 days due to the queen’s funeral?
Not a waste of time, mate. Because you won't have to do these assessments again when you apply for other TOCs and FOCs.

I did assessments in 2020 for Freightliner, had a bit of an issue at work so started applying recently to other TOCs and FOCs and because of my passes from 2020 I skipped that stage for every application. But now thankfully I am back at Freightliner.

Seejwalker

How’s everyone with a conditional offer getting on?

I’ve done medical and security checks now and all is well (beside the NSV, which is still ongoing).

Status
Not open for further replies.