• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DRS - Trainee Train Driver - London (13/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyW1

Nope, just applied straight from the street. I was in the army before hand but we have people from all walks of life.
Yes, you would just apply for a signaller position and you will then be trained for the role and paid a grade lower.
For example I’m grade 7, my basic salary is £43k, during testing I’d get grade 6 £39k.
Hi mate, just wondering did you go straight in at grade 7 or work your way up? Been looking for some time but any jobs popping up within my remit are higher grades. I know I’ll have more chance getting a role on a lower grade but applied nonetheless.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

golfsareus

Hope everyone’s course is going well, Could anyone DM me what the working week is like at DRS and is Sunday within the normal working week please. Would be good to hear what the conditions are like at DRS for drivers. Thanks in advance

MR Grunter

Hi all.
Yes I too would be very interested to hear what you find it like working at DRS with regards to roster pattern and conditions. I have seen Tilbury roster and I believe there is currently a block of 7 days worked in a row. Could anyone clarify if this is still the case?

Many thanks and enjoy your training.

golfsareus

Hi All, can anyone tell me where DRS training takes place for the role of trainee driver please?

Thanks in advance.

LRV3004

Thanks for that all the way in Carlisle, long way from London, do you travel back at weekends?
During my training, the usual pattern was to start slightly later on a Monday, lodge Monday night to Friday morning, finish slightly earlier on the Friday, travel home for the weekend, repeat the following week.

Seejwalker

Hi All, can anyone tell me where DRS training takes place for the role of trainee driver please?

Thanks in advance.
PTS and Traction in Carlisle most definitely.
All us London drivers done rules in London.
Handling hours could be anywhere they can get you out on trains.
You starting in May?

Daly131

Just out of curiosity…. Has anybody else who was placed into a talent pool for this role last year heard anything since??

MR Grunter

Just out of curiosity…. Has anybody else who was placed into a talent pool for this role last year heard anything since??
I would guess that there is not going to be much movement or activity at the moment.DRS are now balloting for strike action due to the industrial relationship with management plummeting and manipulation of the roster and T's&Cs.

Also, they seem to have lost quite a bit of work to competitors. I was offered a qualified position a few months back, I eventually turned it down due to a lot of internal issues within the company that seem to be surfacing.

Eventually something will give and you may hear something but my guess is that as of now, it'll be quiet .

Daly131

I would guess that there is not going to be much movement or activity at the moment.DRS are now balloting for strike action due to the industrial relationship with management plummeting and manipulation of the roster and T's&Cs.

Also, they seem to have lost quite a bit of work to competitors. I was offered a qualified position a few months back, I eventually turned it down due to a lot of internal issues within the company that seem to be surfacing.

Eventually something will give and you may hear something but my guess is that as of now, it'll be quiet
That’s really interesting to know, thanks for your detailed response. Hopefully I’ll hear back sooner rather than later!

Status
Not open for further replies.