• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Duke & Duchess of Cambridge 3 day rail tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
I suspect something of this nature wouldn't be released into the public domain.

dk1

Veteran Member
I suspect something of this nature wouldn't be released into the public domain.
Yes these things are always private & confidential. I doubt it will appear on the like of Realtimtrains either in the same way it often didn't in TRUST.

It really is fantastic to see the Royal train out & about again.

Prudhoe

Yes these things are always private & confidential. I doubt it will appear on the like of Realtimtrains either in the same way it often didn't in TRUST.

It really is fantastic to see the Royal train out & about again.
From the Daily express website if this attachment won't open.
It will show up on Railcam's track diagrams. Not clear from the article whether it is out today or whether it will travel overnight tonight, for 3 days

It will show up on Railcam's track diagrams. Not clear from the article whether it is out today or whether it will travel overnight tonight, for 3 days
from Evening Standard

Attachments

• William and Kate to use Royal Trainn.docx
    53.1 KB · Views: 116
  • William and Kate to take royal train tour across UK ahead of Christmas.docx
    19 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

dk1

Veteran Member

from Evening Standard
Will more than likely recess overnight as usual in an appropriate siding/cutting.

Established Member
ITV tweet seems to imply it’s tonight, not sure how this will go down with the public..we all being told to restrict travel and stay at home, and they off on a tour of Britain in the middle of a pandemic on the royal Train...and before anyone starts I like Kate and William..great idea, maybe just wrong timing.

Veteran Member
ITV tweet seems to imply it’s tonight, not sure how this will go down with the public..we all being told to restrict travel and stay at home, and they off on a tour of Britain in the middle of a pandemic on the royal Train...and before anyone starts I like Kate and William..great idea, maybe just wrong timing.
Travel for work is not restricted.

Prudhoe

Travel for work is not restricted.
It has been reported that 67005/06 were in Wolverton Works this morning, shunting the stock.
Have a look on "Open Train Times" for Wolverton. The centre siding which connects to the main line South is highlighted green, together with three signals.

Prudhoe

I'd be surprised to see any reference to it anywhere like RTT, etc.
153311 is currently working 5Z53 Etches Park-Wolverton works, at Ruby 56 mins early. That will be needing the arrival/departure line for the works so whatever is there will need to come out soon.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
It's great to hear that the Duke and Duchess will be using the Royal Train. Bodes well for its future.

DBS92042

Established Member
Apparently 67005 & 67006 were still switched off in Wolverton Centre Sidings as of 1200 today. Not sure what their current state is though

dave87016

Established Member
Apparently 67005 & 67006 were still switched off in Wolverton Centre Sidings as of 1200 today. Not sure what their current state is though
This is what shown on TOPS

67005 WAAC TOTON TMD TOTON TMD F N 14D A
67006 WAAC TOTON TMD TOTON TMD F N

As the royal train won’t be shown on TOPS or RTT I suspect that’s why they are shown as at Toton when they are actually at Wolverton

Prudhoe

153311 is currently working 5Z53 Etches Park-Wolverton works, at Ruby 56 mins early. That will be needing the arrival/departure line for the works so whatever is there will need to come out soon.
153311 was held until right time at Rugby, now moving down to Wolverton.
It would seem that the RT has been moved back into the works as signals back to normal.
There is a return working booked to depart Wolverton at 15:06 for Etches Park, so prehaps a move then.

It would seem that the RT has been moved back into the works as signals back to normal.
There is a return working booked to depart Wolverton at 15:06 for Etches Park, so prehaps a move then.
5Z53 moving into reception sidings

Last edited:

Prudhoe

5Z53 moving into reception sidings
5Z56 already in Wolverton Works departure siding-156408

Last edited:

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
This is what shown on TOPS

67005 WAAC TOTON TMD TOTON TMD F N 14D A
67006 WAAC TOTON TMD TOTON TMD F N

As the royal train won’t be shown on TOPS or RTT I suspect that’s why they are shown as at Toton when they are actually at Wolverton

Seeing both those two listed like that at the same time is usually a dead giveaway that they're on the Royal Train!

221101 Voyager

Established Member
5Z56 already in Wolverton Works departure siding-156408
I can see a 153 is still in the centre sidings is that the one coming in I assume?

I can also see part of a royal carriage and hear the engines of the 67s too.
I’ve been here for over 30mins and there has been no movement at all.

DBS92042

Established Member
I can see a 153 is still in the centre sidings is that the one coming in I assume?

That coach may be 10546 which is from the DB Managers train. I believe it came from Toton with the 67s yesterday morning

Prudhoe

5Z56 just left-12 mins early

221101 Voyager

Established Member
67s are still in centre sidings with engines running.

no sign of any coaches coming out yet either.

I’m off home now as it’s too cold to wait any longer!:D

Prudhoe

67s are still in centre sidings with engines running.

no sign of any coaches coming out yet either.

I’m off home now as it’s too cold to wait any longer!:D
Track circuits illuminated on arrival/departure line, but may be 67s moving into works for the carriages.

Class 170101

Established Member
Even if its not shown on various systems surely it would appear on the Open Train Times maps - don't they reflect signalling and berths so something, maybe, obfuscated would show up?

Status
Not open for further replies.