• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast Cambridge Diversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
it used to be that only 4-car services could go north of Cambridge, I know there's now 8-car services go to Ely and I think even a couple of limited stop services to Kings Lynn?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Only calls Ely, Downham & Lynn N of Cambridge.

The 8 car 379 doesn't call at any stations as its an AGA ECS move, usually in the evening from 9pm from Lynn back to Cambridge carriage sidings it then goes back to Lynn early in the morning, might only be one goes back as a 317 is stored in the station overnight

Class 170101

Established Member
it used to be that only 4-car services could go north of Cambridge, I know there's now 8-car services go to Ely and I think even a couple of limited stop services to Kings Lynn?

Its now based on the number of electric units in section (ignoring stabled trains).

From memory its five units at any one time Milton (just north of Cambridge) to Littleport and five more between Littleport and Kings Lynn but I stand to be corrected on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.