• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast Diversions February 28th 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainfanatic

Seems like northbound trains over the day and a half Engineering possession commencing with Kings Cross to Edinburgh service 1S07 booked to pass SLR 08h17 with last train of the day being 1D32 Kings Cross to Leeds, passing at 20h59.

More details on East Coast website.

Interesting to note that RTT have through freight Southbound on the Saturday, with all trains using the recently refurbished/reopened Sleaford Avoiding line.

EC Website also states that there will be no Pax services between Retford and Peterboro with blockade commencing Saturday February 28th up to 12h30 Sunday March 1st.

Buses will operate between Doncaster/Retford and Peterboro

Enjoy the turnip bashing once again!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
Could be useful as a "farewell" to East Coast on the 28th or a "hello" to Virgin East coast on the 1st March.

No reward tickets available though on the 1st march it looks like :(

Romilly

Established Member
As for Rewards tickets on 1st March, I've certainly got one (booked ages ago) for Scotland to London.

Who has or hasn't told who what? I'm confused :lol:

Can any EC Drivers or Guards confirm which route they have been learning? Have they been learning the avoider?

I learnt the joint line line last spring and can confirm I learnt both the Sleaford loop and the Sleaford avoider in both directions and when a few of us did a route refreshing trip in a 67 a few weeks ago we used the avoider both ways.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
...nd when a few of us did a route refreshing trip in a 67 a few weeks ago we used the avoider both ways.
Out of interest, does that mean the route knowledge via the station has now lapsed, so if routed that way, you'd officially need to stop and request to be routed via the avoider?

Suraggu

Saturday 28th Class 67 diagram
1S10 0730 KGX -EDB
1E07 0830 EDB -KGX
1S24 1430 KGX -EDB
1E21 1530 EDB -KGX
Hauling between Peterborough & Doncaster respectively.

I notice most NB go via the avoider and yet most southbounds don't. Will the trains stick to the RTT paths or is it more likely that they'll get sent straight down the avoider.

Winning track both ways on avoider so hoping for some to go SB avoider

Thanks

mildertduck

Have a look at this journey which my friend has tickets for... looks like a right mess!
Durham to London Kings Cross on 1 Mar 2015

Departs: Durham at 09:51
Train Operator: East Coast
Arrives: York at 10:46

CHANGE

Departs: York at 10:58
Arrives: Doncaster at 11:21

CHANGE

Departs: Doncaster at 11:52
Arrives: London Kings Cross at 13:38

I'm assuming that the change at Donny is to be put on the HST, but the change at York just looks plain odd to me!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The 1000 Newcastle-Doncaster doesn't call at Durham, so a change is required at both York and Doncaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.