• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast EMT HST Coach B

Status
Not open for further replies.

graham43404

We are currently sat in Coach B on the EMT set that today is on the 07:10 Leeds to Aberdeen.

About one quarter of the seats in it are FGW seats while the other ones are the standard EMT HST seats without the seatback tables though on the airline seats.

The other coaches look as you would expect. Any ideas on Coach B and why its like it is?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Doing a bit of digging it loos like this set WAS dragged back out of Wabtec Scotland after the overhual had started due to pressing opperational needs!

Yew

Established Member
We don't really know. Personally I think they are reupholstering the ic70's to ec livery (even though emt only did this a year ago). And the fgw seats are filling their space whilst they work out what they want to do with the ic70's. Like if they are in decent condition, what colour schemes they want. Or if they want to replace them.

Maybe ask the guard?

Also, Is this the set on hire to ec or re set that is now ec's? (does it have east midlands trains on it, or east coast slapdashed on it?

graham43404

Also, Is this the set on hire to ec or re set that is now ec's? (does it have east midlands trains on it, or east coast slapdashed on it?
It has EC vinyls on it and inside it has been numbered correctly to how EC number the seats, I did wonder how it would work with EMT's numbering the opposite way.

The catering vehicle is an EC one amongst a sea of EMT coaches. The two power cars are EC ones, 43318+43300, the later rapidly becoming “our” powercar :lol:

*Apologies to the mods for not seeing the previous topic, I was using EC's free 15mins access as my BB was like most not accessing the internet. However up in Scotland all seems fine or maybe BB have sorted the issue

Last edited:

shedman

The set is the one East Coast bought the lease from EMT so is now part of their fleet, it's EC64. It went into the works to have plug sockets fitted in STD, EC wifi throughout, CCTV, and removal of the central luggage racks so the seating plan matched with ECs because it was playing havoc with the reservations being so totally different. Because the luggage racks were replaced by seats and the IC70 (is that the seats it's fitted with I always forget) are out of production they had to fit a different style of seating and that must be the only ones they had laying around. AFAIK the set was never going to be getting a Mallard refurb, just the basics which I've listed. As for the ex EMT buffet car belonging to the set, I was on the night it was knocked out of the set and replaced with the one currently running around, and the sheet we had said it was going to Kilmarnock for refurb and repaint. The EC buffets have several mods on them excluding the visual ones like buffet counter and refitted kitchen (for example the EC wifi receiver is on the roof of the buffet on the HSTs) so that could be why it's taking so long, I'm sure it's been a couple of months now! Hope this is of help :)

Last edited:
Thanks for that shedman, that makes sense, so hopefully not too long before the refurbed buffet comes in and Hull passengers can have a full breakfast offering

Status
Not open for further replies.