• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East coast rewards split ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASharpe

I have traded in some points to get an east coats rewards ticket from London to Leeds the week before christmas and I will use that with a ticket from Guildford to U1*Londn.

Can someone confirm that in the event of delay on my first leg the rewards ticket would still be valid on a later service.

It's a ToD ticket so it says "Issued subject to the National Rail Conditions of Carriage" on the back.

As an aside, this is the first time I will travel on one of these tickets. Every other one I have redeemed has either been a first class one for my girlfriend or I've ended up on a business trip up north anyway. Infact I'm actually up north the day before I'll use this ticket (8 hours traveling so I can do 5 hours work).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes it's valid, providing you allow at least the minimum interchange time required between termini. You may combine 2 or more tickets for one journey.

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
As a matter of interest, has anyone actually experienced such a delay? I use split East Coast rewards with other advances regularly, but have yet to be delayed enough to miss the EC train.

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
As a matter of interest, has anyone actually experienced such a delay? I use split East Coast rewards with other advances regularly, but have yet to be delayed enough to miss the EC train.
Yes, I was delayed and missed my booked EC 'Rewards' service out of Kings Cross following the cancellation of 3 consecutive LM services into Euston during disruption at Milton Keynes in August.
I explained the situation to the East Coast guard and was permitted to board a later train with a welcoming smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.