• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast Trains: What are your hopes, fears and predictions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

KJ83

Anyone heard anything about the company or stock? are the trains not due out of Hitachi soon?

southern442

Established Member
Anyone heard anything about the company or stock? are the trains not due out of Hitachi soon?
Would not be surprised if they are all finished, or at least very close to being finished. The service is due (due) to start later this year so they had better get their skates on.

KJ83

Thought there might have been some pics or something of the units out and about but other than a few vids of them being shunted around over a month ago... nothing!

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Remember they have been doing some driver training using Hull Trains 802s, it was reported back in February - but I don’t remember much discussion about it afterwards...

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
While it is of course totally within their rights, I'm surprised by just how much secrecy seems to surround this project compared with just about everything else on the railway, which tends to be leakier generally than even Bojo's cabinet meetings. Are they concerned about what LNER might do in response if they do let anything slip, I wonder?

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
While it is of course totally within their rights, I'm surprised by just how much secrecy seems to surround this project compared with just about everything else on the railway, which tends to be leakier generally than even Bojo's cabinet meetings. Are they concerned about what LNER might do in response if they do let anything slip, I wonder?

There’s really not that many people involved in the operation who know what is proposed.

southern442

Established Member
There’s really not that many people involved in the operation who know what is proposed.
This is true, it's quite a small operation and there aren't many staff involved compared to other goings on in the railway, and their main focus is probably just actually getting on with it, rather than telling people about how they are getting on with it.

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
not just hull trains. East Coast staff have also been front ending with great western and TPE and using the 802 simulator at Bristol and the 185 simulator at York. they have also used TPE units between Newcastle and Edinburgh

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
well Ill take the word of colleagues of mine from within the industry over an individual on an internet forum who has made just one single post to tell me I am wrong......

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator

Other than pricing, boarding and reservations what were you hoping to have learnt by now?

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Other than pricing, boarding and reservations what were you hoping to have learnt by now?

What the interior will be like? Most TOCs tend to be quite quick to show this off with renders etc - though that said there haven't been any renders for Avanti's 80x either, so perhaps it's just a FirstGroup thing?

southern442

Established Member
though that said there haven't been any renders for Avanti's 80x either, so perhaps it's just a FirstGroup thing?
Mind you, Avanti's trains aren't scheduled to be running until 2022 (and even then I reckon it will be 2023 before we see one in service).
I think it may just be that they're a very small OAO with not much of a PR team behind them, more like a small low budget airline or coach company.

SussexLad

What the interior will be like? Most TOCs tend to be quite quick to show this off with renders etc - though that said there haven't been any renders for Avanti's 80x either, so perhaps it's just a FirstGroup thing?

I agree, I was hoping for a nice graphic render of the interiors by now. They must have a design somewhere, for the trains to be fitted out in the near ish future

southern442

Established Member
I agree, I was hoping for a nice graphic render of the interiors by now. They must have a design somewhere, for the trains to be fitted out in the near ish future
I have a feeling it may just be the basic DfT specified standard interior.

BrettSy96

Looking at RTT from June 7th onwards there are paths for services with the operator code LD, are these East coast trains Ltd services?

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Looking at RTT from June 7th onwards there are paths for services with the operator code LD, are these East coast trains Ltd services?
Yes, but they are paths in the timetable, not paths which will see services from that date.

tommy2215

From the 25th October, the 06:14 from Edinburgh to London Kings Cross on weekdays is showing to be in passenger service. Does that mean that is the week First East Coast start running?

HST43257

Established Member
From the 25th October, the 06:14 from Edinburgh to London Kings Cross on weekdays is showing to be in passenger service. Does that mean that is the week First East Coast start running?
I believe they start to run around this time, so probably yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.