• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East London Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

vitesse

Well, that might be incorrect, some of the diagrams we have (i havnt looked at all of them yet) show trains running beyond 21:00 and earlier than 07:00, cant give you more exact times as I didnt really look at the diagrams properly as they only started getting introduced last week and Im restdays till tomorrow

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dstock7080

Established Member
Well, that might be incorrect, some of the diagrams we have (i havnt looked at all of them yet) show trains running beyond 21:00 and earlier than 07:00, cant give you more exact times as I didnt really look at the diagrams properly as they only started getting introduced last week and Im restdays till tomorrow
Apologies for my misinformed post- removed.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Conveniant for a certain blonde that there's been a technical hitch just as a row was blowing up over him doing a big opening in the middle of a general election campaign...

vitesse

At first I was expecting it to be some washed out political excuse but it genuinely is an issue, we have had Bombardier guys at Dalston and New Cross Gate on the platforms today grabbing drivers as they arrive and checking for issues with DOO cameras, there are some software glitches still. Occasionally a single camera will stop working, or all of them with the train at the minimum needing the desk shutdown / reopened and at worst tripping the auxillaries out and rebooting it.

As for the timetable thing, I may have been wrong over that, our current diagrams are showing workings up till midnight. However some of these workings might not be in passenger service (maybe just test running)

Last edited:

CCF23

LU member of staff today told me that Monday would be the first day of operation.

vitesse

Probably better off speaking to LO rather than LUL mate :)

Some TfL staff (management) were insistant that the line was opening on monday, even after one of the LOROL directors had already said it was being delayed to most of the staff that work at NXG depot.

Last edited:

thefab444

Established Member
Well they're showing on the National Rail journey planner as running tommorow.

Departures from Dalston Junction at 05/20/35/50 to New Cross and 12/27/42/57 to New Cross Gate. Returning at 03/18/33/48 from New Cross and 10/25/40/55 from New Cross Gate, so providing the promised 7 minutely service through the core.

thefab444

Established Member
They should be on there, if you've looked at New Cross or New Cross Gate, they don't call at those locations, instead at NWCRELL and NEWXGEL. So try any other station between Surrey Quays and Dalston Junction, although note that you can only access Dalston Junction by entering DLJ, the full name version does not work for some reason.

vitesse

Been a few more problems today (not DOO related)

378153 was running ok on the ELL but with a loss of traction power when on the Southern.

and 378146 delayed at Brockley due to an unsolicited brake application

Last edited:

vitesse

Kind of more the other way around, unit was stuck at Brockley with an emergency brake application for a few minutes. I passed it going the other way. Apparently the emergency brake applied and wouldnt release until the unit was shut down and restarted......sounds a bit like it was MITRAC/TCMS related

Last edited:

jon0844

Veteran Member
I was going to take a wander down to Shoreditch for lunch and try things out, but just noticed that every service today is showing as cancelled - but no reason given.

Guess things aren't quite going to plan then!

A60K

Kind of more the other way around, unit was stuck at Brockley with an emergency brake application for a few minutes. I passed it going the other way. Apparently the emergency brake applied and wouldnt release until the unit was shut down and restarted......sounds a bit like it was MITRAC/TCMS related
I was thinking of the reference above to Class 9 - in the old days these were freight trains composed of wagons without brakes, and limited to (IIRC) 30 or 40mph ;)

It's a bit surprising that these problems still haven't been resolved by Bombardier, given the amount of time that 378s have been in design, build and service - these problems aren't exactly rocket science either, surely?

jon0844

Veteran Member
Well, given they had so many problems with the 377/5s for FCC - and the 377s aren't brand new trains never used before - I think we have to accept that their quality control is just not up to scratch.

vitesse

A unit has been selected to be the first service to run on the ELL complete with a huge white sticker (overground roundel and something like "First East London Line Train - April 2010") which has been stuck on the black panels on the front/rear cab emergency egress doors, the signs have been temporarily covered over with some black plastic. Didnt get the unit number though but i'll keep my eye out for it again as i'll be working a unit out of the depot tomorrow

Last edited:

thefab444

Established Member
Well, given they had so many problems with the 377/5s for FCC - and the 377s aren't brand new trains never used before - I think we have to accept that their quality control is just not up to scratch.

I know the Siemens Desiro units get a lot of knocking on this forum, but at least they work!

Aictos

Established Member
I know the Siemens Desiro units get a lot of knocking on this forum, but at least they work!

True but that probably because of the strictly monitored testing they do over there so work out of the box when they get here, :)

I say one thing for Siemens, they might produce trains that are heavy for the track but you can't fault them on the quality of the trains except in cold weather which affects practically every train anyway!

Minstral25

Established Member
Asked at Dalston Junction this morning and was told by LO staff member - no test running, opening on 23rd May

Hope she was misinformed

jon0844

Veteran Member
All trains were still showing as cancelled today, so I am starting to think it might be true.

vitesse

I dont know where that info came from, but there is no official news yet as when it is/isnt opening at present, we've just been told it could be any day now.

Last edited:

A60K

I think the station staff have been told to be cautiously pessimistic - no date has been set for the preview service, so 23 May for the through service is the only date they can quote with authority.

jon0844

Veteran Member
I saw elsewhere that people were moaning about it being 'delayed' and even that it is all political because Boris can't open it before the election.

Well, they could easily do a soft-launch, with Boris opening it on the 23rd May. And, it hasn't been delayed - the point of the early operation is to test things. With trains made by Bombardier, you clearly need as much time as you can get.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
The Mon-Fri service on the ELW replacement bus is currently expected to continue until 30 April "due to delays in opening of the East London Line Extension"

It had been due to be withdrawn on 16 April.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
London reconnections is reporting noon tomorrow and then a preview service running approx 0700-2000 (http://londonreconnections.blogspot.com/2010/04/ell-live-testing-on-second-day-look-to.html) having heard from LOROL customer services.

vitesse

there was also talk in the messroom about it going live tomorrow, so the drivers are ready...the trains are ready(we hope), lets just hope it goes ahead as planned

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.