• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands Round Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harpers Tate

Established Member
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/pr5f41fce01a4514a20671e36b5182d4.aspx

Anybody know for sure (or know where to find out) if still available and if so, how much (with Railcard preferably).

I could only find this via Google http://www.northernrail.org/northernrailcup/news/6177 which appears as though it may not be current! As it does not show the Robin Hood Line which definitely DID become part of the validity a couple of years or so ago. And a closed thread from 2012 on here. And another link at Northern to a pdf which DOES how the Robin Hood line but no fare details.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
The product details were not available in The Manual just before it went offline, so I guess it has been withdrawn.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I think it was withdrawn in the January 2013 fare change, at the same time as a couple of other rover products.

Harpers Tate

Established Member
I called NRE who told me to call East Midlands Trains. So I did. They told me to ask at a ticket office. So I asked at Sheffield. They found something in the system but with no prices. It took up to four of them (who were all being very, very helpful) to determine that they couldn't sell me one - but somehow I'm not sure they knew why.

I'm half believing it wasn't ever withdrawn as such; just not exactly renewed. More like an oversight rather than a conscious decision. But it's just conjecture based on the fact there are latent details lying around in various places including the NRE site and (apparently) in the Ticket system at Sheffield.

Pity, as I say.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Sadly it wasn't an oversight, I remember receiving a brief at the time from Northern.

Along with the East Midlands Round Robin, the following were also withdrawn;
East Lancashire Ranger
East Lancashire Family Ranger
East Midlands Round Robin
Settle - Carlisle Line Ranger

For some reason, a Google search still brings up the ticket on National Rail Enquiries but with no listed prices or other information - that's hardly surprising given the state of NRE though. Not sure whether it's still languishing on the ticket issuing systems - will have to check!

A thread on the subject can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.