• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands Rover (3 in 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harpers Tate

Established Member
I bought an East Midlands 3 in 7 Rover yesterday at Sheffield. I have a Senior Railcard.

Details on the NR website http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/pr5d12850a04000400040ae307313d19.aspx indicate a Senior Railcard price of £49.70, and this price is also supported by the (less than official) site: http://www.railrover.org/pages/east-midlands-rover.html

Yet I was charged £51.80 for the ticket. I did query it, not because of the (trivial) cost differential, but to ensure I was getting the right ticket and the cost and ticket type were confirmed. The ticket does appear to be the correct thing.

Can anyone state with authority if this is an out of date detail on the NR website or if there is another reason? And, if it does seem to be an error on the NR site, does anyone know how to go about advising them?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

broomster

Looks like they may have charged you that disabled railcard rate quoted further down the page...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Harpers Tate

Established Member
Yes, that is the amount I was charged. Oddly, though, that line says "child" at the end of it.

Harpers Tate

Established Member
Thanks.
New to this, somewhat, I haven't encountered that site before. Can it be considered "official"?
I have in any case Emailed National Rail customer service about the NR website's different answer.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
BRFares is not official, but it is correct to state that the current price with a Railcard is £51.80, without a Railcard it is £78.50.

greatkingrat

Established Member
At the moment the NRE site is implying that disabled children have to pay more than non-disabled children!

marcouk2

Hijacking the thread as I have a related question for the EM rover:

Is the 16-25 railcard valid with the 3 in 7 rover?

NRE doesn't list it in discounted fares, but does list it for the 7 day version and brfares implies that it is valid.

Is it just an oversight on NRE?

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Yes, you can use a 16-25 railcard with the East Midlands 3 in 7 Rover.

The NRE rover and ranger page is just a mess, I'm afraid.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
FWIW, The Manual gives the undiscounted price for the 3 in 7 as £78.50, and the Child and Railcard prices as £51.80.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Yes, you can use a 16-25 railcard with the East Midlands 3 in 7 Rover.

The NRE rover and ranger page is just a mess, I'm afraid.

As trentside said, my advice would be to take the information on rovers and rangers on the National Rail Enquiries website with an enormous pinch of salt (or shall I say spoonful? ;)).

CC 72100

Established Member
As trentside said, my advice would be to take the information on rovers and rangers on the National Rail Enquiries website with an enormous pinch of salt (or shall I say spoonful? ;)).

Skip more like. Quite a few of the pages have been sat there not even half complete for a while now. How 'customer-friendly'! <(

Crossover

Established Member
Skip more like. Quite a few of the pages have been sat there not even half complete for a while now. How 'customer-friendly'! <(

I was going to suggest a shovel full, but I think you're probably more accurate :P

It does beg the question how it ended up so broken in the first place and how it wasn't notice. It would appear NRE's Change Control isn't too great...

marcouk2

Thanks for the cofirmation guys, presumed it would be valid but wanted to check.

Harpers Tate

Established Member
Reply from NR Customer Service for interest:
Thank you for your email. I understand you would like to know whether you have been charged the correct fare with your Senior Railcard for the East Midlands 3 in 7 days Rover.

The price with the discount is £51.80. I’m concerned that the price is displayed incorrectly on our website and I have therefore highlighted this issue for the Website Information Team to investigate and rectify any errors found.

Thanks again for your email and for allowing me the opportunity to look into this for you.

Harpers Tate

Established Member
It appears that the Adult and Child fares have been corrected. The two incorrect Railcard ones haven't. This tends to suggest incompetence.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
It appears that the Adult and Child fares have been corrected. The two incorrect Railcard ones haven't. This tends to suggest incompetence.

Indeed, I sold a couple of these the other day and the passengers were in exactly the same position as the OP having been mislead by National Rail. It's not just issues with Rovers, I've also seen reports of incorrect car parking prices and other station facilities.

D6975

Established Member
The full 7 day version is still showing as £98.
It's £102, I bought one yesterday.

Freedom of the South West has been updated now though, 8 in 15 was showing incorrectly, it's now showing the correct £109 fare.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.