• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands Trains Shunter job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tomnick

Established Member
Depot protection system is the combination of audible/visual warnings to indicate to staff in/around the shed when a movement is taking place, shed doors that obviously need to be fully open for any movement and derailers/signals to protect the shed and its staff from movements that shouldn't be entering the shed.

Assuming it's for Eastcroft and not Etches Park (as stated in the body of the text), the 'west end' shunter is a 24/7 job following a typical three shift pattern. There's a second, 'east end', shunter on nights with its own small link, permanent nights although they can and do cover the west end sometimes, and I'd guess that's where new starters will go.

Raul_Duke

Unless your down Etches and the shed doors don't even need to be open for 156's.... ;)

stjimmy87

Thanks for the info guys, does anyone know what tests are involved for the role, I have heard its the SCAAT and another one I forget....I have passed the driver psychometric tests so would they be accepted for this role instead of having to do the SCAAT?

Tomnick

Established Member
From a brief conversation with one of the shunters - SCAAT test, a written and a verbal (one of each) 'communication' type test (taking in information and then relaying it) and an interview. It wouldn't hurt to ask them whether they'll accept your previous results, but I'd have thought it unlikely, especially if you've done Group Bourdon rather than SCAAT, as the other tests sound quite different to the ones that drivers do, and they'll probably want you in for the interview on the same day anyway.

stjimmy87

thanks for the great info

And apologies for the double posting on this subject guys!......forgot I made another post before

stjimmy87

Well its a no this time....Saturday morning 1:05am response lol.

Out of interest, as I got a no this time does this mean I cant apply for a job with EMT for another 6 months? specifically a depot driver job if it comes up

JonnyH

Had the thanks for your interest email too! Two knock backs in less than a week for me, a personal record!

stjimmy87

I reckon I wrote too much in the application . Find it difficult to accept that I got to the next stage of the DD process but this one I didn't make it past thr sift.....Oh well the waiting goes on :)

JonnyH

Could have been my problem too. I got through to manager interview for EMT depot jobs a couple of years ago and Chiltern Railways just recently, but not past application for shunter. But odd!

Status
Not open for further replies.