• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Easter 2014 engineering works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spudd

Quick one, but when do we get visibility of any planned engineering works for the Easter 2014 weekend.

Only info online I can see is the disruption on the WCML around Watford.

Cheers in anticipation

Andy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class377/5

Established Member
Thameslink services are diverted (as to be expected) away from London Bridge.

vss1x

Don't think there's any major work around Watford at Easter, there is at May Day. All I know of at Easter is the Trent Valley being shut from Rugby to Stafford on the Sunday and blocks between Stoke and Stafford on the Saturday and Stockport and Stafford on the Sunday.

Spudd

Thanks.

Any info on engineering works between Manchester and Exeter?

The week before any journeys are showing a transfer at Newport.

Looking at the 19th April coming back a week later.

Network rail still say nothing on the website.

Andy

philjo

Established Member
Major works at Kings cross for the connection to the Thameslink tunnels- there is a very limited service into Kings cross on Good Friday & I think also all day Saturday.
it looks like FCC only have 1 Kings Lynn service departing every 2 hours from KX on Good Friday - other services run to Moorgate or terminate at Finsbury Park.
(e.g. there is a half hourly Royston -Moorgate via WGC service running on the Friday)
EC appear to have 3 departures in a 40 minute period, repeated every 2 hours.

Last edited:

Bungle73

On Moderation
Major works at Kings cross for the connection to the Thameslink tunnels- there is a very limited service into Kings cross on Good Friday & I think also all day Saturday.
it looks like FCC only have 1 Kings Lynn service departing every 2 hours from KX on Good Friday - other services run to Moorgate or terminate at Finsbury Park.
(e.g. there is a half hourly Royston -Moorgate via WGC service running on the Friday)
EC appear to have 3 departures in a 40 minute period, repeated every 2 hours.

How is that going to affect First Hull Trains departures from KGX? Me and my mother are due to travel to Hull over Easter for my brother's wedding.

philjo

Established Member
The online journey planner on the HT site suggests that all HT services start from/terminate at Finsbury Park on Good Friday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.