EasyJet expansion at Glasgow

Discussion in 'Other Public Transport' started by Craig2601, 14 Aug 2019.

1. Craig2601

Craig2601 Member

About time someone expanded in Glasgow I reckon. Only one new route added so far - Glasgow to Birmingham.

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Howardh

Howardh Established Member

Wonder if there's a nod there to HS2, thinking in future fly that route and finish off on HS2 to central London (rather than Heathrow which is an expensive pain getting to central London quickly)? If so it's already a foot in the door for Easyjet!

4. scotrail158713

scotrail158713 Member

Is there really enough demand for Flybe and EasyJet flying to Birmingham? I don’t think there is but I’m not an expert on how busy the current Flybe flights are.

5. Butts

Butts Established Member

I did the return trip last week and both flights were fairly full.

The fares are already competitive, I have just booked a return on Flybe next month for less than £60.

6. atillathehunn

atillathehunn Established Member

This is one of the more ridiculous things I've read this morning.

HS2 is 20 years away. If ever.

Birmingham is not a busy airport. Glasgow is not a busy airport. They could get slots any time they like. And anyway, HS2 won't close airports in London and it's not like easyJet doesn't fly to London...

I really cannot fathom the thinking on this one.

They're flying it because they want to nip at Flybe' s heels who currently have a monopoly. I suspect they will go after the remedy slots Flybe has to surrender at CDG and AMS as part of the VS buy out.

7. takno

takno Established Member

More importantly, the proposed journey is not even faster or more convenient than getting the train all the way is right now