• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ebay again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Although I'm sure somebody would investigate the sale of blank ticket stock, I'm just not sure who.

As Nym has posted British Transport Police will investigate this, you can call them on 0800 40 50 40. If you wish to do so, you can report it anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. They will then contact the owners of the ticket blanks (RSP Ltd - See Dave's post below), you may find this easier than contacting ATOC / RSP direct.

TP

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
. . . . I'm just not sure who.
Rail Settlement Plan Ltd are responsible for providing the ticket stock (as distributed to stations and other outlets), and so are probably the most appropriate entity to claim that it is their property which is being misused. (However, as RSP Ltd is a wholly owned subsiduary of ATOC then ATOC could make also that claim, and do so on behalf of its members who may icurr losses as a result of misuse. I don't expect anyone at ATOC to be answering their phone until Monday morning.).

wintonian

Established Member
British Transport Police.

Exactly,

You could send them an email asking if such a sale is permitted under the bylaws and if such blank stock could be used to defrud the railway?

include a link to the sale as an exmple of what you are aksing and see what they say?

Nym

Established Member
Email them expressing your concern and include a link to the sale on eBay, and if you can do it, print a PDF of the auction to send to them as well, in case the seller gets wind of this and removes it from eBay.

And they can very much be used to defraud the railway, one could print up fraudulent season tickets with an inkjet printer on them and it would take close inspection to check the validity sucsessfully.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
The seller appears rather an odd fellow.
His website, which presumably costs him a little money to maintain, is called <Link Removed> but it does not actually sell music. It does nothing more than redirect users to digital downloads on Amazon which appears a little pointless as he is basically offering free advertising.

I think this is against e-Bay rules as well?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
So how are they likely to 'investigate' it, just ask ebay to pull it or will they endeavour to track down the seller?
Contacting eBay isn't going to do much for an investigation. It would, however be wise for an investigator to...
It would appear that somebody has bought up all of the remaining stock, just prior to the listings ending.
... be that "somebody"!

Status
Not open for further replies.