Looks like an incident at a level crossing on the ECML is causing major issues this evening:
The emergency services are dealing with an incident between Doncaster and Retford. Whilst they attend the incident, all lines will be closed.
A limited number of LNER trains will be able to divert via Gainsborough. These trains will not be able to call at Retford.
Major disruption is expected to trains until the end of service.
LNER are advising customers not to travel. Tickets dated for today will be valid to travel tomorrow, Monday 14 June.
You are encouraged to use an alternative mode of transport to complete your journey today.
A full refund is also available. Please contact your original point of ticket purchase within 28 days to claim your refund.
You may use your ticket on the following operators services. Please plan your journey carefully as some connections may not be available on these alternative routes:
- Avanti West Coast between London Euston and Edinburgh / Manchester
- TransPennine Express between Manchester, Leeds and York and Edinburgh
- East Midlands Railway between London St Pancras International and Sheffield
- CrossCountry between Sheffield, Leeds, York and Edinburgh
- Northern between Leeds and York
- Replacement buses which have been requested at Retford and Newark Northgate
The 19:52 London Kings Cross to Hull service has terminated at Peterborough. Customers are advised to use the help points or speak to station staff for further information.
The gateway to Britain's National Rail network. A portal into UK rail travel including train company information and promotions; train times; fares enquiries; ticket purchase and train running information.