• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Edgware communications signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ex LT

At Edgware station on all platforms there is a Communications-based Train Control (CBTC) signal that on occasion illuminates with acronym of a station when the train is ready to depart what is the purpose of this new signal if everything is controlled on board the train and is it always in operation? Sorry no photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ex LT

I suppose that it could be never noticed any sound. Do they step back at Edgware?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Could it be the route secured indicator which is used when remote securing is required?

Ex LT

While the signal plate shows “EDG” etc the signal would display “RS 1 2 3” etc
Would the RS1 etc only be displayed if there was a failure? I can't get back to Edgware while we are in lockdown.

Dstock7080

Established Member
Would the RS1 etc only be displayed if there was a failure? I can't get back to Edgware while we are in lockdown.
Yes, remote secure signal is only displayed when TBTC/CBTC is not available and RM Restricted Manual is being used.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
If it only illuminates when the train is ready to depart it will be the white ‘Train Ready to Depart Indicator’. There is one on each platform and they will (generally) light up when a train has a target point.

On CBTC (SSR) this functionality is provided by the on train outside door lights.

Ex LT

Yes, remote secure signal is only displayed when TBTC/CBTC is not available and RM Restricted Manual is being used.
Thanks for that.

If it only illuminates when the train is ready to depart it will be the white ‘Train Ready to Depart Indicator’. There is one on each platform and they will (generally) light up when a train has a target point.

On CBTC (SSR) this functionality is provided by the on train outside door lights.
I forgot about these signs and to be honest I thought they were only in the central area. Thanks BG

Status
Not open for further replies.