• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Edinburgh, which platforms have barriers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
Although platforms 11/12 might not have barriers, there is sometimes a (Scotrail) revenue block.

Last edited:

David M

Although platforms 11/12 might not have barriers, there is sometimes a (Scotrail) revenue block.

Often happens as well at the platforms Tweedbank trains terminate at - I assume the conductor advises ahead that he/she hasn't been able to collect all fares.

och aye

Hi folks which platforms at Edinburgh have gate line barriers?

Cheers Nat
At the moment, Platforms 13-18 at Waverley and all the platforms at Haymarket. I think Edinburgh Gateway may have some.

Stopper

Although where I've never seen the barriers at Gateway open, the barriers at Edinburgh Park I've only seen in use during weekday peaks. Weekends I've never seen them in operation

Which makes sense. They’re usually in operation all weekdays, but Park only really used in the weekday peaks. It’s quite quiet outwith that.

Often happens as well at the platforms Tweedbank trains terminate at - I assume the conductor advises ahead that he/she hasn't been able to collect all fares.

Yep, 11/12 and the Tweedbank/East Lothian bay platforms are commonly manned by ticket checkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.