• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT HST service train used by Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
(How is it that going from London to Nottingham via Grantham is competitive with the direct trains?)
And no wi-fi. (Are they going to install any?)

Perhaps because the ECML is a 125mph railway and the MML is 100mph in most places with some limited running in excess of that speed? As for Wi-Fi as has been mentioned it's been rolled out across their whole MML fleet.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mike C

When I arrived in Derby yesterday (Wed) morning, I noticed that there was an EMT HST being hand cleaned with hoses, sponges and brushes in the depot yard. I counted 5 men doing the job, plus a 6th wandering with a clipboard.

I can now see why EMT put so much manpower into cleaning a train now - I assume it was this set being given the Royal treatment.

starrymarkb

Established Member
Dosn't one often travel with FCC in a 365 (with one of the first class compartments reserved?)

D1009

Established Member
When I arrived in Derby yesterday (Wed) morning, I noticed that there was an EMT HST being hand cleaned with hoses, sponges and brushes in the depot yard. I counted 5 men doing the job, plus a 6th wandering with a clipboard.

I can now see why EMT put so much manpower into cleaning a train now - I assume it was this set being given the Royal treatment.

Yes and I expect they had to do something similar with the train crew.

MCR247

Established Member
Perhaps because the ECML is a 125mph railway and the MML is 100mph in most places with some limited running in excess of that speed? As for Wi-Fi as has been mentioned it's been rolled out across their whole MML fleet.

With something like a 20 minute change in Grantham? :lol:

amcluesent

Quite a cheap day out travelling super off peak with Senior railcard. Just the lovely Kate having to pay up

Anon Mouse

Established Member
I hope she had a valid ticket.

Can just picture this conversation!!!!

"Yes Madam, I know that person on that note looks like you but your ticket is still not valid. You don't want to pay? fine, here is a pen and paper, can I please have your full name, occupation, date of birth and address. Thank you"
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I hope none of the passengers were inconvinienced.

wonder if she had to walk past any to have a royal poo?

Clip

Established Member
Tempted to say, "what passengers"?

Surprised they allow them.

Why? She travelled on a public train and its not the first time.

I bet they were the shiniest toilets other customers had ever seen on that service.

Anon Mouse

Established Member
With MK3 toilets there will be some Royal feces somewhere on the MML then.

Surprised the royal bangers and mash (will she use paper or will ones Butler do the dirty deed?) have not been scooped up and sold to rich Americans as a souvenier

tsr

Established Member
Imagine if she'd used the Victoria Line from Green Park to St Pancras...

"One has to take a two-mile walk to touch one's Oyster out? Good grief! Where is my horse?"

"Would the Queen in the pink coat please not obstruct the doors..."

dk1

Veteran Member
She, as stated earlier, is a regular traveller even using her Senior Railcard on the Kings Lynn route. I travelled a few weeks back & the rear first class was out of public use on the SuO 14.15 ex-Kgx. Turned out to be Prince Harry en-route to Newmarket. He even used the then NXEA local for his onward travel.

The Queen has also in the last few years travelled on the 17.00 Liverpool St Norwich as far as Ipswich. Only trouble was that she was allocated half of coack K (rear coach) which caused 1st class overcrowding on this busy peak train.

calc7

Established Member
The Queen has also in the last few years travelled on the 17.00 Liverpool St Norwich as far as Ipswich. Only trouble was that she was allocated half of coack K (rear coach) which caused 1st class overcrowding on this busy peak train.

I wonder if NXEA or whoever provided tea/coffee and scones or other such queenly refreshments.

GodAtum

On Moderation
Why? She travelled on a public train and its not the first time.

I bet they were the shiniest toilets other customers had ever seen on that service.

I was thinking other 1st class passengers could of been told to get off and wait for the next train.

calc7

Established Member
First Class walk-up fares aren't eligible for YP discount anyway :p

Anon Mouse

Established Member
Isn't she 29? :D

That shows how much I care about them! :lol:

She may be a mature student of course! :lol:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
First Class walk-up fares aren't eligible for YP discount anyway :p

That is true, but 1st class walk on fares are actually displayed on our machines. So if the Guard was not familiar with that rule and somebody asked for a 1st class fare than it may (erronously) be sold!

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Apart from taking hours to get anywhere.
(How is it that going from London to Nottingham via Grantham is competitive with the direct trains?)
And no wi-fi. (Are they going to install any?)

If I'm paying for first class, I want longer to get my money's worth !

calc7

Established Member
If I'm paying for first class, I want longer to get my money's worth !

I see what you mean, but for 95% of the people paying for FOR/FOS tickets, the shorter the journey, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.