• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT Red Dot Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

D6700

I understand the next EMT Red Dot Days will be Sheffield on the 29th of December and Nottingham on the 30th of December.

This information came from a very well placed source, but please don't shoot the messenger if things change!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I understand the next EMT Red Dot Days will be Nottingham on the 29th of December and Sheffield on the 30th of December.

This information came from a very well placed source, but please don't shoot the messenger if things change!

Why is the Sheffield one always in the middle of the festive period. Is this just to wind me up <(

ashworth

Established Member
Why is the Sheffield one always in the middle of the festive period. Is this just to wind me up <(

I see your point, being during the festive period does have its disadvantages but also has advantages.

For me it is great to be able to use one of these tickets during the week when outside the festive period I would usually be working rather than on a Saturday. It's also good to be able to travel on peak time trains to and from London at a low price.

If it is true it will be great to have a Red Dot Day for Nottingham but I think they could spread them out a bit rather than have the Sheffield one on the following day.
At least if I decide to do both days I will be able to call at Sheffield on the previous day to buy my ticket.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I see your point, being during the festive period does have its disadvantages but also has advantages.

For me it is great to be able to use one of these tickets during the week when outside the festive period I would usually be working rather than on a Saturday. It's also good to be able to travel on peak time trains to and from London at a low price.

If it is true it will be great to have a Red Dot Day for Nottingham but I think they could spread them out a bit rather than have the Sheffield one on the following day.
At least if I decide to do both days I will be able to call at Sheffield on the previous day to buy my ticket.

I wouldn't disagree with any of that :)

It's just that since the Sheffield one last year was in the middle of christmas, couldn't they let us have one at another time (for those of us who are always elswhere at this time of year) and let Corby or somewhere have one at Xmas for a change.

ashworth

Established Member
I wouldn't disagree with any of that :)

It's just that since the Sheffield one last year was in the middle of christmas, couldn't they let us have one at another time (for those of us who are always elswhere at this time of year) and let Corby or somewhere have one at Xmas for a change.

I can't disagree with any of that either.
We don't know yet whether this is really going to happen but it does seem a shame to have two consecutive days from stations as close together on the network as Nottingham and Sheffield. I would normally like to make use of both days but I'm not sure that I really want to be out travelling on two consecutive days between Christmas and New year.

D6700

We don't know yet whether this is really going to happen.

The two days have been swapped - or maybe I just got them in the wrong order when I posted!

http://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/AboutUs/News/Pages/_FestiveRedDotDays.aspx

Festive Red Dot Days for Sheffield and Nottingham
Article posted on 09/12/2010

Travel anywhere for just £15

Discover all there is to see and do on the East Midlands Trains network with our fantastic Red Dot Days. We are offering unlimited travel from Sheffield on Wednesday 29 December and Nottingham on Thursday 30 December to anywhere on the East Midlands Trains network, including London, for just £15 (£5 for children).

To take advantage of these special offers, all you have to do is download the voucher form below. Print your voucher, complete the fields and present it at the station when you buy your tickets. (Multiple tickets can be bought with one voucher.) Ask about our seat reservations to guarantee a seat, then simply turn up and go.

Last edited:

yorksrob

Veteran Member
The two days have been swapped - or maybe I just got them in the wrong order when I posted!

http://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/AboutUs/News/Pages/_FestiveRedDotDays.aspx

Festive Red Dot Days for Sheffield and Nottingham
Article posted on 09/12/2010

Travel anywhere for just £15

Discover all there is to see and do on the East Midlands Trains network with our fantastic Red Dot Days. We are offering unlimited travel from Sheffield on Wednesday 29 December and Nottingham on Thursday 30 December to anywhere on the East Midlands Trains network, including London, for just £15 (£5 for children).

To take advantage of these special offers, all you have to do is download the voucher form below. Print your voucher, complete the fields and present it at the station when you buy your tickets. (Multiple tickets can be bought with one voucher.) Ask about our seat reservations to guarantee a seat, then simply turn up and go.

Ah lovely - still not much use to me though - but then again I'd rather have my lovely sausage baguette from the buffet car back that's gone recently, than any number of red dot days.

Status
Not open for further replies.