• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT Set on hire to EC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yew

Established Member
Could they be mallard seats? and after it goes to lincoln, could it go to some depot to have a few seats refitted every night. I guess it has an NXEC Power car on one end whilst the EMT one is having its engine changed and new paint?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mattby

It would be alot easier if they just kept the original seats which are more comfortable than the mallard seats. All they need to do is to give the carriages a refresh in the mallard colour scheme

Yew

Established Member
It would be alot easier if they just kept the original seats which are more comfortable than the mallard seats. All they need to do is to give the carriages a refresh in the mallard colour scheme

I think the Standard class carriages could do with mallard seats, as when its full you cans see everyone and its nice to have a little priviacy. however I like the Armchair-y-ness there is in first class.

The FC coaches are fine, as they where refurbished a few years ago, however in the standard there are still problems, the doors are drafty and sometimes the interior doors dont close

387star

On Moderation
Rail magazine commented this rake would not recieve the mallard refurbishment so I'm rather surprised.

Be interested to see a full rake in East Coast livery though it is a shame they have to use (purple?) on grey and not some other shade

Marton

It's all a matter of opinion and taste: I personally think East Coasts' "Mallard" seats are excellent, I usually use East Coast on journeys of an hour to an hour and a half and experience no ill effects in terms of comfort.

as a weekly user DAR/YRK-KGX and return I completely agree

WillPS

Established Member
There's half a carriage of Mallard style seating in with the EC buffet car? Other than that it's all IC70/EMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.