• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ending journey short allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tankmc

Hi all,

I am travelling from Downham Market to Cheshunt tomorrow. I have noticed that it is cheaper to get a train to LST than to Cheshunt, even using the same train. Its handy as I would like to return from London the next day so can get an off peak return.

Can I therefore simply buy my return ticket to LST and get off at Cheshunt? I know the station has barriers so my ticket will be checked.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Starmill

Veteran Member
Are you planning to buy a Downham Market to London Terminals Off Peak Return for £47.60? If so then yes, break of journey is permitted.

Edit: I guess you're not as an Off-Peak return just to Chesunt is only £34.40? What price were you looking at?

Last edited:

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The weekend only Super Off Peak Day Return from Downham Market to London Terminals is £24.60 is cheaper than a return to Cheshunt but it is a day ticket and wouldn't allow the return portion to be used the next day.

tankmc

Thanks for your replys.

Sorry, i have got confused as I was looking at single prices.

For two adults with a railcard...

DOW - CHN Single - £35.10
DOW - LST Single - £32.30

But as you guys mentioned the return is much cheaper which is very odd. I will be returning from London the next day so I would have to get the London return.

DOW - CHN Return - £45.40
DOW - London Return - £62.80

Status
Not open for further replies.