• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Engineering work Nottingham to Derby 16th Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.

M7R

As of this eve there are no trains between Nottingham and Derby until Monday morning, does anyone know exactly what is planned and where? I noticed a speed restriction repeater board just outside Attenborough so wondered if it was anything to do with that? If there's works planned near the nature reserve I may pop down tomorrow with my little lad as watching the NW rail team in full swing with a few bits of on site plant etc will make his day.

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

class 9

They've been replacing points at Trent Jct, could be a continuation of that work.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
They've been replacing points at Trent Jct, could be a continuation of that work.

Which of the Trent junctions? I thought the main junction by the former power box was all done not many years ago with the re-signalling though I suppose some of the older stuff may have survived.

Attenborough Junction (NW corner of nature reserve, west of the level crossing) seems to have given problems for years and certainly had a restriction on it earlier this week. But for work there they could divert via reversal at Trowell.

Class 170101

Established Member
Its the Northeast corner being replaced this week I would think.

Nottingham services being diverted via Ilkeston Jn to reverse and then via the High Level Goods Lines.

Services from London to Sheffield via Derby seem to be running booked route.

Mugby

Established Member
I got the RRB last Sunday and was absolute pain finding it. I'd forgotten they don't use Station Street Nottingham any more and it's a heck of a long way from a train terminating in Platform 2 to Queens Road!

The Pride Park terminus in Derby isn't exactly ideal either!

Status
Not open for further replies.