• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Engineering work

Status
Not open for further replies.

tramboy

Hi

Just as a general question, mainly because it's causing me a lot of hassle trying to get people together, does anyone know what's going on between Doncaster and Wakefield/Leeds next Sunday?

Cheers

Dave

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tramboy

Decided against a new topic...but i've noticed a problem with my plan.

First, what's happening is a bunch of us from uni are meeting in Leeds on Sunday. Two from Darlington (and that area) which is simple, and then myself (easiest station=grantham) and another person from London.

I'm trying to end up on teh same train as that person from London at Grantham, so we can then travel to Leeds together...she's apt to get a little lost.

The easiest way of doing this is to get the Hull Trains service (1H01 i think) 1042 (but leaving at 1037 due to engineering work in Stevenage), which calls at Grantham at 1155 and then forward to Doncaster, from where i know what i'm doing!

Yet, when i went to book the ticket today from Grantham booking office, the GNER staff couldn't find any reference to the 1155 Hull Trains service at all on the national system thingy. Yet i can book onto this service online, using national rail enquiries and thetrainline/gner ticketing/etc...

Can someone think of why that train is not in the system, or if possible, check that it will be running so i can get it?

And there was me thinking that this trip should be easy!

Cheers

Dave

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If you need an advance ticket book online or by phone. It's unfortunate that many ticket offices are incapable of doing a good job, but that's usually down to lack of training but it's impossible to be certain in this case.

If you don't need an advance ticket I'd just turn up and go and save a lot of hassle. Just get to KGX 20 mins before departure and you can then board nice and early.

I don't know if Hull Trains have an unreserved coach or not, I've never travelled with them (apart from briefly Donny-Selby )

tramboy

Cheers...i'll discuss it with her and see what happens...we might end up there eventually!

Regards

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.