• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Entitled to refund/Compensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lddex

MODS please move if posted in wrong section.

Hello, I know you can claim if your journey is delayed by 30 minutes and you get more of a refund or value of rail vouchers if it is delayed by an hour etc. However, I was travelling to Barrow in Furness on Friday and planed to catch the 17:45 connection to Barrow from Manchester Picc, however the 17:12 XC from Macclesfield to Picc was delayed by 14 minutes due to the signalling issue at Birmingham causing me to miss the connection and having to wait till the 19:16 TPE to Barrow.

I was just wondering as my journey was delayed if I was due anything as XC was only delayed by 14 minutes and I was not booked on to the 17:45 TPE to Blackpool North/Barrow (Splitting at Preston)

If I am due any compensation then is it with XC, TPE or some one else?

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
If I am due any compensation then is it with XC, TPE or some one else?
Delay compensation is claimed from the TOC whose service ran late or was cancelled, and is for the total delay to your journey - i.e. the difference between when you expected to reach your destination as compared to the time you actually did. You do not need to show proof that you were booked on to a specific train.

Status
Not open for further replies.