• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

European Migration Crisis - Rail Disruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veteran Member
From what I can gather at the moment Hungary is effectively closed off to all passengers to/from Schengen countries without passing through border checkpoints.

Trains between Croatia and Hungary are disrupted by the looks of it although Croatia is not in Schengen. What is happening with the trains in Dubrovnik as given its location and the fact that its an exclave.

I don't think there have been trains in Dubrovnik for years (wasn't it a branch of the JZ narrow gauge?) Ploce is the nearest. Doubt if the present crisis makes much difference there....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thenorthern

Established Member
I don't think there have been trains in Dubrovnik for years (wasn't it a branch of the JZ narrow gauge?) Ploce is the nearest. Doubt if the present crisis makes much difference there....

I must of been thinking about somewhere else sorry my mistake.

Veteran Member
No probs, only know because friends of mine did the NG on an Interrail back in 74 or so...

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
More problems at the French end of the Channel Tunnel this morning - do these migrants that manage break through the fences really think that they will be able to just walk through the tunnel to the UK unchallenged or undetected?

geoffk

Established Member
Anyone know what the latest position is re train travel between Germany, Austria and Slovenia? Of course, the "latest" today might change tomorrow.

Groningen

Established Member
Meridian is running from Muechen to Salzburg, but expect bordercontrols in Salzburg. At least untill November 9, 2015 no IC/EC trains between Muenchen and Salzburg. Innsbruck - Salzburg trains are running normally.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
München Hbf - Salzburg Hbf: Information. Der Zug fällt zwischen München Hbf und Salzburg Hbf wegen Grenzkontrollen aus. Bitte überprüfen Sie Ihre Verbindung noch einmal kurz vor der Reise. Dauer der Beeinträchtigung bis vsl. 12.12.2015, 23:59 Uhr.

From post above; make it now December 12, 2016 for now RJ/IC/EC from Muenchen to Salzburg and v.v..

Groningen

Established Member
From December 15 all dayborder control will take between Austria and Germany at 3 locations: Passau, Bad Reichenhall and Kiefersfelden (Kufstein). This autobahn; do not know whether it applies to trains. Bad Reichenhall is not a bordercrossing for trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.