• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

"Eurostar bids for East Coast Main Line franchise"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebmcr

Established Member
So if someone messes up they should be criticised for everything else they do, even if it's right?

If you read more carefully, you'll find I was referring to them enduring the direct consequences of their mistake. Not "criticising everything else they do" (as seems to be the conclusion you have jumped to).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deerfold

Veteran Member
If you read more carefully, you'll find I was referring to them enduring the direct consequences of their mistake. Not "criticising everything else they do" (as seems to be the conclusion you have jumped to).

You said it would serve them right if they got it in the neck whatever the outcome of the EC Franchise competition.

Why is that a direct consequence of them having made mistakes on a previous franchise? I think they should be criticised if they haven't improved the way they check bids but if it is much improved why should they get it in the neck? If they deserve it this time then why not next time - and on to everything else they do?

rebmcr

Established Member
You said it would serve them right if they got it in the neck whatever the outcome of the EC Franchise competition.

Why is that a direct consequence of them having made mistakes on a previous franchise? I think they should be criticised if they haven't improved the way they check bids but if it is much improved why should they get it in the neck? If they deserve it this time then why not next time - and on to everything else they do?

The original quote I replied to was referring to them being in a lose-lose situation by either appearing to show favouritism if Virgin are successful, or revenge if they are not. That's because of the WCML situation.

In the right proportion, consequences are a useful incentive for better performance.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
The original quote I replied to was referring to them being in a lose-lose situation by either appearing to show favouritism if Virgin are successful, or revenge if they are not. That's because of the WCML situation.

In the right proportion, consequences are a useful incentive for better performance.

I still don't think that it's fair for that to happen if they are performing better.

Status
Not open for further replies.