• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar driver vacancies

Status
Not open for further replies.

driver9000

Established Member
I read somewhere that the Amsterdam services will be driven by NS between Brussels and Amsterdam.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MisterT

Correct. Crew from the Thalys-pool of NS International will drive the Eurostars between Amsterdam and Brussels.

Last edited:

godfreycomplex

Established Member
Correct. Crew from the Thalys-pool of NS International will drive the Eurostars between Amsterdam and Brussels.

This would be why they were also recruiting recently I suppose...
Impressive set of language requirements; fluent Dutch; English; French & German a pre-requisite. Mind you; that may well not be that unusual in the Netherlands.

BTU

Just a little change of tac if you guys dont mind. I have applied for the driver vacancy and just wanted a little heads up on what kind of questions they ask and what are they looking for in a candidate, they have a video interview, is that a basic interview to see if your face fits or is it a little more in depth? any information on anything helpful would be nice, im also looking for their HR number which is a bit like trying to find a winning lottery ticket so if anyone could PM me with it that would be great.Many thanks in advance.

flash

So would you be able to get a priv season in order to travel in to TM or St Pancras? I've applied for the job but not really holding out much hope they'll want me!

Its only safeguarded staff who get priv seasons on NR, everyone else pays the public fare - E* contribute to the cost of a season ticket - if I remember right 20% (taxable)

scally

Hi guys

Does anyone have an idea of the shift pattern or can give an example of a typical weeks roster?

Thanks.

scally

Cheers fella.

Not a bad shift pattern indeed.
Wonder how far away from St Pancras do some of their drivers live?
I take it you've got to be within 45-60 mins away.

Burperdon

Anyone having problems with the Eurostar drivers online application? Some fields wont complete. Online chat & helpline number pretty clueless as to how to resolve.

Last edited:

BTU

Anyone having problems with the Eurostar drivers online application? Some fields wont complete. Online chat & helpline number pretty clueless as to how to resolve.

I filled in the sections it says complete after each one but I didn't get a
Confirmation email or any indication that they had received my application
Is it just those 5 or so questions? It didn't ask for that much info can anyone shed any light on this as it's very frustrating not knowing if they have received it or not and the help email is useless.

Burperdon

I filled in the sections it says complete after each one but I didn't get a
Confirmation email or any indication that they had received my application
Is it just those 5 or so questions? It didn't ask for that much info can anyone shed any light on this as it's very frustrating not knowing if they have received it or not and the help email is useless.

Just tried again today and received application received email, although training section did not show complete. Maybe volume of applications causing problems?

BTU

Just tried again today and received application received email, although training section did not show complete. Maybe volume of applications causing problems?
Ditto that, I finally got a reply on my 4th attempt. What a palaver that turned out to be I email their HR department and they were very helpful but couldn't sort the problem out, as you said possibly volume of applicants, I don't hold out much hope but you've got to be in it to win it as they say.

Johncleesefan

Just out of interest. If you bag a job with Eurostar can you then apply for a transfer to the other side of the channel if you wish?

Daly131

I have just failed a dmi with gtr... do you think it's worth me applying to this role as I would only be a trainee or is experience required. French isn't too bad I scored a B at GCSE level!

godfreycomplex

Established Member
I have just failed a dmi with gtr... do you think it's worth me applying to this role as I would only be a trainee or is experience required. French isn't too bad I scored a B at GCSE level!

Qualified drivers only sadly. Even internal Eurostar staff have to go elsewhere to earn their key

DonkeyKong

Does anybody know what kind of work content the nightshifts involve?

Also is there a maximum living distance from St Pancras? According to AA roadmap i live 1:53 hours away so i'm assuming that would be too far to be considered?

Many thanks.

whoosh

Established Member
I saw the diagrams a few years ago, and they were along these lines back then:

Take an empty set St Pancras to Stratford Depot
Taxi back to St Pancras
Take another empty set St Pancras to Stratford Depot

Shunt as required.

Prep a set and bring it from Stratford Depot to St Pancras.

Some were the other way around - take one to the depot and bring out two in the morning (with a taxi making the opposite journey to above).

The diagrams were odd in that they varied almost each day of the week - a MSX or FSX is fairly common everywhere across the country, but Eurostar have the diagrams different each day.

The 373s certainly did (and likely the new trains too) - they needed a prep before each trip - presumably checking everything worked before being sent through a 26 mile tunnel. So some nightshifts had a pre-trip prep in the platform at St Pancras on the end on some days. On other days the Driver who took it to Paris or wherever would be booked on earlier to do it.

There used to be quite a few 'shed and ferry' turns during the day as well, but I can't tell from the diagram numbers from the photo linked to above as it's a more recent roster and they don't seem to follow the numerical pattern they used to.

4141 and 5142 in that roster are a lodge job though.

Last edited:

BTU

The fact you haven't bothered to read the job spec would suggest a case of don't bother.

Socanxdis

Has anyone who applied heard from Eurostar? Also for anyone working with Eurostar ... could you talk about the recruitment process and the training stages. Thanks

flash

Has anyone who applied heard from Eurostar? Also for anyone working with Eurostar ... could you talk about the recruitment process and the training stages. Thanks

As per response 16

'The proposed plan is that recruits would do traction and UK rules / routes spring 2018, followed by depot / ferry turns during the summer, then language Autumn / Winter, followed by ET & SNCF rules, more depot / ferry turns summer 2019, validation Autumn 2019'

flowerbirds

Totally normal in the Netherlands for people to speak fluent English and German as well as their own language. French perhaps less usual but not uncommon especially for people living closer to the Belgian border. It's amazing to hear the guards switching language throughout the journey as you arrive in each different country. Announcements go on *forever* though! :lol:

This would be why they were also recruiting recently I suppose...
Impressive set of language requirements; fluent Dutch; English; French & German a pre-requisite. Mind you; that may well not be that unusual in the Netherlands.

LoonyToon

Hi everyone

I've got to do a video interview for this position. Anyone in the know got any useful info on this!?
Feel free to pm me or just post on here.

Thanks in advance!!

Johncleesefan

Ooh interesting. Well done. Can you tell me the process. Was it a video interview and then a face to face afterwards? Are you relocating for the position?

Status
Not open for further replies.